[solved] Media Portal very Slow (1 Viewer)

iclix

Portal Member
August 22, 2011
Hey all,

I would need your help for solving my problem. My Mp was working great till this weekend, he started to work slowly. In ordre to solve this problem i tried to change my version 1.8 to 1.11. The problem is alwas the same. I launch the watchdog to see from where the problem comes. We can see that the plugin are very slow to launch.

Could you help me??

Thanks by advance.

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    My guess is that your HDD load is very high due to security software scanning MediaPortal.
    Please check CPU and HDD load under task manager -> performance -> resource monitor when MP is loading.

iclix

Portal Member
    August 22, 2011
    I have try to launch MP without ESET Nod32 (my security software) but that changed nothing. About the ressources monitor you have the graph of the launching.

Attachments

• Sans titre.jpg
      Sans titre.jpg
      114 KB

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The problem relates to Plugin loading, which lasts an eternity.

Have you installed any other plugin on top of the out-of-the-box ones?
    Try launching MediaPortal in Debug mode: Stop MePo, open the WatchDog on desktop and select Debug option. Any difference?

If system launches correctly in debug mode you have a plugin that causes trouble.

iclix

Portal Member
    August 22, 2011
    I haven't installed any other plugin. When i desactivate the plugins Music, Pictures and Movies (Featured plugins) MP starts correctly with no problem. For the debug mode it's the same problem.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Could be a corrupted database file. Also, are your media files stored locally or on a network location?

Emph

iclix

Portal Member
    August 22, 2011
    I have tried with an empty database from new setup of MP, it's the same... My media are stored locally on my HDD

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Deactivate/activate them one bay one to identify the faulty one.

iclix

Portal Member
    August 22, 2011
    If I desactivate them one by one, it's not better even if I let only Music or Movies or Pictures run alone. But when the three are desactivated even if i let MP-TVSeries activate it works great.
    I have not mentioned that i put 8Gb of Ram in addition in my PC two weeks ago (now i have 16GB).

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hhm, strange.

So we look at a fresh install, or did you upgrade from an older version? Although old databases normally upgrade without issues, the problem might be linked to this.

If everything fails you can always consider a complete uninstall, then reinstall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom