MediaGate GP-IR02BK volume/mute button problems (1 Viewer)

mr_poopyhead

Portal Member
October 30, 2006
Home Country
Canada Canada
i've come back to MP after a few years so this is the first time i've installed it on this computer

Win7 Pro 64
MP 1.5.0

clean, new installation, titan extended skin, a few plugins (fanart handler, moving pictures, my TV series)
the MCE certified remote i have works great, EXCEPT, the volume and mute buttons do not control the volume and mute in MP properly
when i'm running MP, and try to control volume/mute, i'm still getting the windows volume OSD showing in the bottom right corner. it seems the remote is controlling the volume at the OS level, and not changing the volume/mute in the MP application.

anyone else experience this conflict?

Matthew Houston

Portal Member
March 23, 2012
Home Country
Australia Australia
Same issue here Win7-64 but with a standard old MCE remote. Was working fine on 1.4 but after upgrading to 1.5 this problem started.

To be honest I haven't had any time to spend troubleshooting it but same symptoms, button press registers (hear the keypress sound) but no volume change. If I remember correctly (and I'm just winging it here) exiting MediaPortal and using it in Windows I could control the volume properly.

I'll probably have some time tonight so I might check it out.

Matthew Houston

Portal Member
March 23, 2012
Home Country
Australia Australia
A little more info, exiting MediaPortal and the remote definitely work in Windows. The starting MP and volume worked normally for a brief time, then back to normal. Strange issue.

I also upgraded to 1.6 to see if that solved it but no good.

I saw another thread that mentioned removing the receiver and device then restarting and re-plugging and that worked to restore. I'll give it a shot tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom