MediaImporter doesn't scan subdirectories. (1 Viewer)

costi

Portal Member
July 14, 2010
Home Country
Poland Poland
I'm setting up MediaPortal on a new HTPC and have bumped into a problem: when trying to import movies into MovingPictures the Media Importer does not recognise any movies.
I keep every movie in a separate subfolder that contains the movie name.When I add the top-level folder (D:\Movies\) that has all the subfolders in it, nothing happens - the importer simply doesn't see any files. If I point it at one of the movie subfolders, it scans the movie fine.
Needless to say, adding each and every movie folder as a separate source is not the way to go. What can I do to make it scan my library?
No amount of removing and readding the folder helps. The log does not show any errors.

Mediaportal 1.2.3.0, MovingPictures 1.4.0.

MovingPictures log: http://paste.org/56279

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Code:
    27-Oct-2012 21:58:12  Info [       MovieImporter]: Started watching 'D:\Filmy\' (Fixed) - Path is now being monitored for changes.
    Did you enter the path correctly?

You have to setup the 'Movie Importer' path first, after that (when the movies are scanned and in the database) you can setup the Categories as you like.

costi

Portal Member
    July 14, 2010
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    Yes. I tried both selecting the folder from the GUI (clicking the "+" icon) and entering it manually - no difference.

EDIT: also, no subfolder contains illegal characters.

Last edited:

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Then i would suggest to post full debug logs, so we can see what's going on (see my signature on how to do that).

costi

Portal Member
    July 14, 2010
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    Here they are: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2q7o6fd9i0lvcig/MediaPortalLogs_28_10_12__21_50.zip
    For some reason, the "upload a file" button does not work in Chrome, so I used dropbox.

EDIT: I created a new folder on the same HDD, added it as a source and started moving movies there one by one while watching the importer. Every movie was scraped perfectly, so I guess it was some sort of weird random error.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom