mediaport1 tv screen corruption blocks (1 Viewer)

stryker

Portal Pro
November 20, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi,

I've set up MP TV engine 1 RC1 (no svns) on a dedicated server which has a hauppauge nova-dt dual dvb-t tuner and a hauppauge dvb-s/s2 tuner.

On my client media centre I've installed mediaportal 1 RC1.

Everything works great except when watching live TV on standard def I occationaly have a little interference in the pictures, its like a flash of blocky pixels, 5mm blocks of colour on the screen.... when playing BBC HD it happens a lot and makes it unwatachble.

This happens on my media centre (ATI 9550 based) and on a spare pc (nvidia based).

Does anyone have any ideas as this seems to point to the issue being with the tv engine server (which has standard cd supplied drivers for both capture cards)...... anyone have any ideas? what info do you need?

Thanks

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Does anyone have any ideas as this seems to point to the issue being with the tv engine server

If you use the preview do you get the same thing happening, could be codecs or graphics card, especially with the HD material, the 9550 is only a lowend card nowadays and may struggle.

stryker

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2006
    Home Country
    Yes the card could do with replacing. Its just when I had the same problem on two clients one with the ati and one with the nvidia (pciexpress) I figured it may be something simple. The only common element to both clients is Coreavc, although on the ATI client I've tried the DVDPro7 codec and it turned into a slide show...... now that probably is down to my card and I imagine a powerful graphics card would fix it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom