MediaPortal 1.0.1 not recording or timeshifting (1 Viewer)

goorawin

Portal Pro
August 3, 2007
Home Country
Hi Steve
Thanks for the interest
1) The only way I could uninstall the driver was to uninstall the digital drivers as well.
2) No because the server didn't see the card in the first place (which is stupid) so no options.
3) The digital drivers and the divco card work fine in MP with TV2 engine.
4) I agree with that but then it works normally and in most situations. A LOT of software has these sorts of issues.
5) They are the latest drivers and yes I did a full web search to see if there were any other options.
6) To test everything I uninstalled all drivers and took out the turner card and there were no errors on re-installing MP and the TV Server. Re-do the set-up with the card in, errors are back, then added MSI card still no cards appear in TV server. Removed Divco card and its driver and bingo..... MSI card appears.
Make your own conclusions
I made mine... bug in divco driver and bigger bug in MP 1.0.1 TV Server

steveperthau

Portal Member
August 19, 2007
Home Country
sounds like you did your homework for sure, a pity it had to take so much effort on your part.
You know it almost sounds like an irq conflict, but then again it was working with tve2.
very odd. what card is it?

steve

goorawin

Portal Pro
August 3, 2007
Home Country
Steve
FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual Digital 4.
It has worked with earlier versions of MP in a stand alone system.
Only problem is it is slow to change channels when using MP, if you use its own software for viewing TV
it's quite acceptable.
There certainly are better cards for using with MP

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Detecting Cards
    [TVService]: Detected DVB-T card:bluebird, bda tuner1
    [TVService]: Detected DVB-T card:bluebird, bda tuner2
    [TVService]: Detected analog card:bluebird, wdm tvtuner
    [TVService]: Error while reading analog card configuration file

Hi,
    This it's a known issue where analod cards not detected(in multiple card setup) & trows a error, fix is here, if that will solve all your problems i dunno, attach logs collected with MP Logs Collector in start menu if other things occur.

Regards
    Roy

goorawin

Portal Pro
    August 3, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi Roy
    Thanks for the info. I did see that fix but since I only had one card installed and it is only digital I had assumed
    it would not fix the issue or would it???????

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    From your log it indicates a analog card(bluebird, wdm tvtuner) thats why you need the fix so TV Server continues the graph building.
    Why this happens i dunno, but when you have it working attach logs so we can find it out.
    Btw, did you have a card like that before, maybe some old reg entries left?

[TVService]: Detected analog card:bluebird, wdm tvtuner
    [TVService]: Error while reading analog card configuration file

Regards
    Roy

goorawin

Portal Pro
    August 3, 2007
    Home Country
    I would agree there could be files still in the reg but that still would not explain why it not an issue with another card (eg MSI) installed which is a hybrid card.
    If you would like I can re-install the Divco card tomorrow and the fix to see if that solves the issue.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    You should use the dll's which fixes the issue & if it doesn't fix your problem attach logs so we can work out a solution to it(even if files left in reg it shouldn't cause a issue like this).

Regards
    Roy

goorawin

Portal Pro
    August 3, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi Roy
    Bad news. After doing a full uninstall, running the hotfix and re-installing MP and TV-Server still no Divco card in TV Server.
    See log
    As I said earlier the Divco digital driver must also be loading an analogue driver. The TV 2 engine can handle this but the TV3 engine cannot.
    Look forward to your thoughts

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Did you add those dll's from here after reinstall of tv-server(if not you still use the one which has this broken, since reinstall refreshes all dll's & exe's)?

Regards
    Roy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom