MediaPortal 1.0.2.0 x VMware - Don't Works?! (1 Viewer)

els

Portal Pro
May 9, 2009
Home Country
Brazil Brazil
I am running MediaPortal 1.0.2.0 - very well - on a physical machine with Vista SP1.

How would you like to do more tests with MediaPortal, Skins, Plugins, created to test a virtual machine - Host Vista SP1, Vista SP2 Guest - VMware Workstation.

That occurs after installing MediaPortal 1.0.2.0, I can not play it properly, sometimes stops at Initializing DirectX ..., sometimes stops at Initializing Plugins ... And when disable Accelerate 3D graphics (DirectX 9.0c), the item display of virtual machine, the MediaPortal is cited by 2 items, but the screen that should appear the MediaPortal, appears blank, or better, with the same content in the background ( or wallpaper or software that was below).

Question: Anyone has managed to run MP on a VMware Workstation VM?

Any tips?

... els ...
:D

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    VMWare doesn't have proper DirectX support -> not possible to use MediaPortal. Also I wouldn't ever recommend to run any single HTPC / media playback application in an emulated environment, getting stutter free picture is hard enough with the real OS :)

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    You could try VirtualBox, an open source VM host. I have had minor success with some DirectX applications in Windows 7 using VirtualBox's hardware acceleration support, but I haven't tried Mediaportal. It appears to perform far better than VMware, windows responds as snappy as the host on my work dual core. As tourettes said however, your chances of creating a stable video output are going to be weak. Let us all know if you do work out a way though.

thargs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2007
    Home Country
    Thread is old but latest VMware Player does work with mediaportal (XP) . Enable EVR to play videos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom