[News] MediaPortal 1.1.0 BETA 1 - Released (1 Viewer)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Great to hear that i am not the only one who has Beta 1 running smoothly. :D

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Great to hear that i am not the only one who has Beta 1 running smoothly. :D

Same thing here! Beta 1 works Excellent!

(But fix this sometime: 0002060: [general] Audio and video aren't always in synch when refresh rate is set to 24 hz). :)

More and more the user reports we get it seems to always have been solved with some configuration change (OS, drivers, codecs etc.). Currently it is not investigated by the team (as we aren't even able to reproduce it).

D

DMember 49125

More and more the user reports we get it seems to always have been solved with some configuration change (OS, drivers, codecs etc.). Currently it is not investigated by the team (as we aren't even able to reproduce it).

I'm one of them, but this is not the whole truth. Because MPC plays fine out of the box and MP doesn't, with the same configuration.
    Also there isn't any workaround that can be reproduced & fix the problem.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    But fix this sometime: 0002060: [general] Audio and video aren't always in synch when refresh rate is set to 24 hz
    actually i do not even encounter this problem on W7, using DisplayChanger (dc.exe) to set i.e. 24Hz (add the command in the "Action" field in configuration to call dc.exe with right parameters). :)
    MP's internal RR changer is not working because MS changed the API in W7.

mhunter

Portal Member
    November 20, 2006
    Home Country
    Hi!

I have a little problem, when im trying to install this new beta. When MP is trying to download/install MySql, i got an error. The file is missing. url http://install.team-mediaportal.com/MySql_64bit.
    Manual install doesnt help. Can someone help?

Yep, got the same issue. It looks like they have updated to a new version of MySQL or something...

I could not work out how to get MySQL to work by installing it first (downloaded seperately), however I have successfully got SQL Server Express 2008 SP 1 to work. To work around, Install SQL Server 2008 Express SP1 first (use "MediaPortal" as SA password (tick mixed mode), include database engine and replication) , then choose to do the advanced install (rather than one click install) during the Media Portal install.... choose SQL Server 2008 and away you go..

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi!

I have a little problem, when im trying to install this new beta. When MP is trying to download/install MySql, i got an error. The file is missing. url http://install.team-mediaportal.com/MySql_64bit.
    Manual install doesnt help. Can someone help?

Yep, got the same issue. It looks like they have updated to a new version of MySQL or something...
    This sadly happens when they release a new version. all old downloadlinks "die" and we have to update our forwarder.
    Should work now if you delete all tempfiles and run Beta1 installer again.

high

Administrator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 31, 2004
    Isselburg/NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    besides they removed the old files they also had and have a server downtime since this afternoon so dl from any mirror wasnt possible.
    We host the files locally now until this issue is fixed (and maybe longer...) so install shouldnt fail anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom