[News] MediaPortal 1.1.0 BETA 1 - Released (1 Viewer)

johan_80

Portal Pro
April 27, 2009
But fix this sometime: 0002060: [general] Audio and video aren't always in synch when refresh rate is set to 24 hz
actually i do not even encounter this problem on W7, using DisplayChanger (dc.exe) to set i.e. 24Hz (add the command in the "Action" field in configuration to call dc.exe with right parameters). :)
MP's internal RR changer is not working because MS changed the API in W7.

I use the dc.exe method, but I have encountered a big problem.

If I watch movies with diffrent frame rates in the following order I get very choppy playback.

1. Start a 1080i source...Have MediaPortal change the refresh rate to 59.94Hz
2. Switch to a 1080p (23.976 or 24fps) source...Have MediaPortal change the refresh to 23.976 or 24Hz

Now the playback can become very stuttery. And to fix this you must minimize MediaPortal and interact with another window. Then go back to MediaPortal and the playback is perfect.

It seems like the renderer is not refreshed. Or that playback is in a strange state trying to catch the v-sync or something.

Windows 7 32-bit
Nvidia 9600
Latest drivers from nvidia.
Log does not tell anything...
Any codec

(I think I saw the same problem (that could be solved with the same solution described above) when skiping back and forth several times in some MPEG-2 Blu-ray remux a while ago)

fabien44

Portal Pro
March 12, 2006
Hello,

i think i have found a bug:
- i watch a DVB-T HD (H264) channel then i zap to a SD channel and then i press key 0 to go back to last channel viewed (HD one) and MP crashed.

Meybe someone else can confirm?

romuz

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 26, 2008
    Moskau
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Hello,

- i watch a DVB-T HD (H264) channel then i zap to a SD channel and then i press key 0 to go back to last channel viewed (HD one) and MP crashed.

Nope. that scenario works fine on my system(DVB-S)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

If I watch movies with diffrent frame rates in the following order I get very choppy playback.

2. Switch to a 1080p (23.976 or 24fps) source...Have MediaPortal change the refresh to 23.976 or 24Hz

Now the playback can become very stuttery. And to fix this you must minimize MediaPortal and interact with another window. Then go back to MediaPortal and the playback is perfect.
    Do you run MP in windowed mode?
    and please start a bugreport where you _do_ include logs, even if _you_ can not find anything uselful inside. ;)

johan_80

Portal Pro
    April 27, 2009
    Fullscreen mode

I've been able to reproduce it on 3 machines now (2 local machines and also on the neighbours HTPC)

I thought I should ask if this was expected before posting a bugreport.

1stdead

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I'm not sure what's happening here. I'm on a fresh win7 and freshly installed MP, but somehow it doesn't seem to work. Getting this annoying bugreport:
    I was thinking it had something to do with Netframe, but that was installed with MP. And i didn't install TVServer as i do not use it.

Logs added:

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I'm not sure what's happening here. I'm on a fresh win7 and freshly installed MP, but somehow it doesn't seem to work. Getting this annoying bugreport:
    I was thinking it had something to do with Netframe, but that was installed with MP. And i didn't install TVServer as i do not use it.

Logs added:

Try disabling HTPCInfoPlugin. At least it seems to cause some error.

fabien44

Portal Pro
    March 12, 2006
    Hello,

Nope. that scenario works fine on my system(DVB-S)

In my mediaportal logs, i have this:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TSReaderPlayer: Cleanup done
    2009-09-05 19:28:43.359375 [Info.][MPMain]: TSReaderPlayer: Disabling DX9 exclusive mode
    2009-09-05 19:28:43.359375 [Debug][MPMain]: Main: Received DX exclusive mode switch message. Fullscreen && maximized == False
    2009-09-05 19:28:43.359375 [Info.][MPMain]: TSReaderPlayer:cleanup DShow graph False
    2009-09-05 19:28:43.359375 [Info.][MPMain]: TSReaderPlayer: vmr9 disable
    2009-09-05 19:28:43.359375 [Info.][MPMain]: TSReaderPlayer: Exception while cleaning DShow graph - Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt. at DirectShowLib.IMediaControl.Stop()
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But my memory is clean, what does it mean?

1stdead

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

Logs added:

Try disabling HTPCInfoPlugin. At least it seems to cause some error.

Edit: had another thing:

Playing a video i MyTrailer in not MP fullscreen mode, changed MP to fullscreen mode and it crashed:
    2009-09-05 20:54:16.125518 [ERROR][28]: MediaPortal: Unhandled exception occured
    2009-09-05 20:54:16.175521 [ERROR][28]: Exception :confused:ystem.ObjectDisposedException: Cannot access a disposed object.
    Object name: 'System.Net.HttpListener'.
    at System.Net.HttpListener.CheckDisposed()
    at System.Net.HttpListener.BeginGetContext(AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
    at MediaPortal.Plugins.Trailers.Common.VideoProxy.listenerCallback(IAsyncResult result)
    at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.Complete(IntPtr userToken)
    at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.ProtectedInvokeCallback(Object result, IntPtr userToken)
    at System.Net.ListenerAsyncResult.WaitCallback(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* nativeOverlapped)
    at System.Threading._IOCompletionCallback.PerformIOCompletionCallback(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* pOVERLAP)
    2009-09-05 20:54:16.177521 [ERROR][28]: Exception :Cannot access a disposed object.
    Object name: 'System.Net.HttpListener'.
    2009-09-05 20:54:16.179521 [ERROR][28]: site :Void CheckDisposed()
    2009-09-05 20:54:16.181521 [ERROR][28]: source :confused:ystem
    2009-09-05 20:54:16.183521 [ERROR][28]: stacktrace: at System.Net.HttpListener.CheckDisposed()
    at System.Net.HttpListener.BeginGetContext(AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
    at MediaPortal.Plugins.Trailers.Common.VideoProxy.listenerCallback(IAsyncResult result)
    at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.Complete(IntPtr userToken)
    at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.ProtectedInvokeCallback(Object result, IntPtr userToken)
    at System.Net.ListenerAsyncResult.WaitCallback(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* nativeOverlapped)
    at System.Threading._IOCompletionCallback.PerformIOCompletionCallback(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* pOVERLAP)

Damandan

Portal Pro
    May 19, 2007
    Tegelen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    But fix this sometime: 0002060: [general] Audio and video aren't always in synch when refresh rate is set to 24 hz
    actually i do not even encounter this problem on W7, using DisplayChanger (dc.exe) to set i.e. 24Hz (add the command in the "Action" field in configuration to call dc.exe with right parameters). :)
    MP's internal RR changer is not working because MS changed the API in W7.

It seems like the renderer is not refreshed. Or that playback is in a strange state trying to catch the v-sync or something.

Windows 7 32-bit
    Nvidia 9600
    Latest drivers from nvidia.
    Log does not tell anything...
    Any codec

(I think I saw the same problem (that could be solved with the same solution described above) when skiping back and forth several times in some MPEG-2 Blu-ray remux a while ago)

I have this exact same issue. However I did not find a solution to this problem so I am going to try the minimise and interact with another window trick the next time the issue pops up. I will start a bug report on this now that I know that it is not (only) related to my machine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom