[News] MediaPortal 1.1.0 BETA 1 - Released (2 Viewers)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Yeah another great release. But unfortunately this is a more unstable than alpha... :/

No offence, but we continuously notice that most problems are caused by the inability of some users to do what we advice in the release news:
    • NOT use any old userfiles
    • NOT use any old community skins
    • NOT use any old community plugins

I do not try to say that the Beta is free from errors, because we all know that it is not, and a lot of issues have allready been fixed since the release.
    But in most cases, the cause of the issue is that some think they know everything better. ;)

And then there are these so called "bugreports" from some users, which also think that they know everything better and thats why they can ignore the guideline.
    *Surprise* those threads are ignored by the team because we do not have all day to beg for logs and required infos everyone has to add to the bugreport right from the start. :p

1stdead

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Yeah another great release. But unfortunately this is a more unstable than alpha... :/

No offence, but we continuously notice that most problems are caused by the inability of some users to do what we advice in the release news:
    • NOT use any old userfiles
    • NOT use any old community skins
    • NOT use any old community plugins

I do not try to say that the Beta is free from errors, because we all know that it is not, and a lot of issues have allready been fixed since the release.
    But in most cases, the cause of the issue is that some think they know everything better. ;)

Well, that's true and trying to avoid the things you mentioned. I just think it's weird that some things that has been working for ages just starts not-working... (i know you mentioned this, and is one of the reasons for developing MPII) Anyways great work as always :)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I just think it's weird that some things that has been working for ages just starts not-working...
    It indeed is, and that also happens because our team is not large enought to test all features from MP before a release. So we can miss some issue which is a side-effect of an "unrelated" codechange. :)

We are then always happy to receive a bugreport about this issue, but then it would be nice to see more users following the guidelines, to make life easier for our developers, and speed up the bughunting.

I mean in general, i do not mean you specifically. :)

1stdead

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I just think it's weird that some things that has been working for ages just starts not-working...
    It indeed is, and that also happens because our team is not large enought to test all features from MP before a release. So we can miss some issue which is a side-effect of an "unrelated" codechange. :)

We are then always happy to receive a bugreport about this issue, but then it would be nice to see more users following the guidelines, to make life easier for our developers, and speed up the bughunting.

I mean in general, i do not mean you specifically. :)

Well i did a lot of bug hunting in movingpictures and some other plugins. I tried to ask on mirc(faster support) for someone to confirm them and made a few post in forums. But yeah you absolutely right. :)

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Is there any word on the next release date? Just trying to figure out if I should reinstall the beta1 release or wait for the next one...

thx

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Will there be an update from current SVN possible? - Or better keep hands off to avoid significant manual update activities for the databases?

Cheers,

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Will there be an update from current SVN possible?
    An update to 1.1.0 RC1 won't be possible from any previous MP version.

Umpf - as this is an ongoing issue I thought at least some tool/option/backup/export... of the dbs would exist by now to ease the burden of re-importing the whole stuff with manually checking and correcting covers, allocating unrecognised files, combining parts, etc.

At least it does not get bored - who knows, maybe I really have to view all the things on my HDDs if maintenance overhead would be reduced.
    Keeps the kiddos off the streets.
    :)

Ok, thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom