[News] MediaPortal 1.1.0 final - RELEASED! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Installed 1.1 Final, great work runs very fast compared to 1.1 Alpha... not sure what % of improvements are due to 1.1 and what is due to changing from win xp -> win7 + a fresh format of my htpc... anyways greast work guys and a big thank you from new zealand.

Vimes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2009
    Earth, for now
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    MediaPortal has certainly come a long way in the short time that I have been using it. I still prefer to use DVB viewer for my TV needs but it is now very easy to set up and configure my media PC using MP 1.1. Combined with the steamedMP skin everything works for me as it should :)

Well done

guorzo

Portal Member
    June 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I need to download all files Throw a proxy. In all the others versions I need to download al files in other computer that had a internet conection without proxy, but I though in this version this problem was solved.
    I found in:
    http://install.team-mediaportal.com/DeployTool/ApplicationLocations.xml

I can download all files, but the package-tvengine.exe , package-mediaportal.exe no.

How can do for download?

Thanks and good job

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Re: AW: MediaPortal 1.1.0 final - RELEASED!

what is MP 1.2.0 stated on the home page?

That would be my question, too. I always thought the next version after 1.1.0 will be MediaPortal 2...
    Such posts always make me wonder if anyone reads the news i publish on our homepage.....

While the majority of the team switched to MP2, a few developers are in the process of commiting changes/new features we have pending since more than 6 months because of the feature freeze for 1.1.0.
    Also patches from the community are reviewed and added if we find them appropriate for 1.2.0.

So MP 1.2.0 is basically MP 1.1.0 + all the allready tested and coded features we could not add to 1.1.0 because of the feature freeze.

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I just consider 1.1.0, 1.1.1, 1.2.0 ....1.9.9 (or whatever) to be part of the MP 1.0 phase.

MP 2.0 is a completely different animal, and maybe should not be thought of as the same species. That's why there are 2 different teams. Other than sharing the common goal of being the absolute best media center software for the buck, they share only a few chromosomes.

Media Portal 2 is a paradigm shift.

Chuck

guorzo

Portal Member
    June 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I can download all files, but the package-tvengine.exe , package-mediaportal.exe no.
    These files are allready part of the 1.1.0 installer you download from sourceforge......

The file that you say only run trough internet connection, and it lend you install directly or download files, but don't run with a proxy. I need the individual files for intall without connection. Can I find this files anywhere?

Thanks

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    These files are allready part of the 1.1.0 installer you download from sourceforge......

The file that you say only run trough internet connection, and it lend you install directly or download files, but don't run with a proxy. I need the individual files for intall without connection. Can I find this files anywhere?

Thanks
    Look into the temp folder of you system.
    There you find the MediaPortal Setup folder.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom