[News] MediaPortal 1.1.0 final - RELEASED! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    i found the powerscheduler plugin (client side mainly) crashes if u upgrade from a previous version..some other things can also interfere with this new version that was left over/remained from previous versions

its best to do an uninstall before installing this 1.1.0 final

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    i found the powerscheduler plugin (client side mainly) crashes if u upgrade from a previous version.
    How sould the powerscheduler plugin crash?
    It is not even running when MediaPortal.exe isn't active....

Lardy

Portal Pro
    April 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I have been using 1.1.0.0 for around three weeks now and just wanted to say congratulations to all the MediaPortal team on a fantastic product. I have been using MediaPortal since version 0.2.3.0 and it gets better all the time. Well Done.
    :D

hulkhaugen

Portal Pro
    November 9, 2008
    Arendal
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Question: i see that MP 1.1.1 is almost finished, but i also noticed that many of the bugs scheduled for version 1.2.0 are fixed. Does that mean that those bugs will be included in the upcoming 1.1.1 release, or are they being held back for testing until 1.2.0 is ready?

funkstar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2005
    Home
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    The bugs (or rather "issues" as not all of them are bugs, some are new features) slated for 1.2.0 will not be included in 1.1.1, they will still need to tested as many of them were submitted after the feature freeze on 1.1.0.

x.x.N releases usually just include bug fixes for the x.N releases. No new features are introduced and significant bugs that have a high risk of introducing other bugs are often missed on out x.x.N releases

Looking at the roadmap now, 1.2.0 Alpha is slated for a preview release on the 15th October. This will be interesting as there are a lot of use patches that have been waiting a long time to be applied to the main build.

funkstar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2005
    Home
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Thanks i'loop :)

Could just be a mistake, but 0001862 and 0002356 and won't be fixed so could be moved up to a newer release to get rid of them. Or are they permenantly on "Future Release" to remind people that they won't be "fixed"?

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Could just be a mistake, but 0001862 and 0002356 and won't be fixed so could be moved up to a newer release to get rid of them. Or are they permenantly on "Future Release" to remind people that they won't be "fixed"?
    Sadly it's the latter.
    Both won't be done in MP1.

At least thats how it looks today.

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Will MP 1.1.1 release on okt 1?

funkstar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2005
    Home
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Sadly it's the latter.
    Both won't be done in MP1.

At least thats how it looks today.
    I can understand that, I was just pointing out those two items, I wasn't saying they should be fixed :)

Shame there isn't a way to identify them a perpetual issue that won't be fixed to stop them cluttering up the roadmap, but this way is probably the best way to do it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom