[News] MediaPortal 1.1.0 RC1 - delayed (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOL

Portal Member
December 28, 2005
MP 100%
TV 100%
Installer 85%, 2 bugs left

Can we expect RC1 this weekend? :)

MfG!

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Not this month? :confused::confused::confused:

This is a really strange release cycle, nearly 3 month between feature freeze an (hopefully) RC1 (5 months away from the last release). ^^ While I'm ok with updating through the svn snapshots for other users I think it would be important to get a full release at some point.

Enough with the nagging, the SVNs are working really well, thx a lot @ all MP devs.

:D

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Not this month? :confused::confused::confused:

This is a really strange release cycle, nearly 3 month between feature freeze an (hopefully) RC1 (5 months away from the last release). ^^ While I'm ok with updating through the svn snapshots for other users I think it would be important to get a full release at some point.

Enough with the nagging, the SVNs are working really well, thx a lot @ all MP devs.
    I fully understand that this is frustarting for our users.
    But we want to get it done right, and that sadly needs a lot of time.

I can assure everyone, that there is _a lot_ going on in the background, to get RC1 done as soon as possible. :)

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    MP 100%
    TV 100%

MfG!

Are we nearly there yet?

Seriously though, it's getting close, but the team are committed to making sure that there are no surprises once RC1 is released.

Therefore the current version is getting a lot of internal testing. There _might_ then be another public SVN build, which would effectively be RC1 if there are no major show-stoppers.

It is also possible that one or two of the bugs scheduled for 1.1.0 are bumped into RC1, as long as they do not cause problems or delays.

It's been a long haul, and almost 500 bugs have been fixed and enhancements made since 1.0.2. Many of these changes have been significant.

Just bear with the team for a little while longer!

Mark

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I can assure everyone, that there is _a lot_ going on in the background, to get RC1 done as soon as possible. :)
    And from what I have seen it is all paying off :D

Latest SVN is the quickest, most stable version of MP I have seen in the four years or so. Can't see it can be much improved (well bar the music side :rolleyes:) and looking forward to RC1 so you can all get working on MP2 :D

cooper2k4

Portal Pro
    February 2, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    And from what I have seen it is all paying off :D

Latest SVN is the quickest, most stable version of MP I have seen in the four years or so. Can't see it can be much improved (well bar the music side :rolleyes:) and looking forward to RC1 so you can all get working on MP2 :D

I can second that. I am very satisfied with the latest SVN version (01-08-2010 02-15h - Revision:24669). Take your time to make the next MediaPortal release a bug free and outstanding experience! :)

PS: I like the changes in TV Server Configuration. Management of channel lists is easier now.

MdFolter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2005
    Breugel
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    To all devs and testers: Please take your time! Better to test and check twice then to have complaints about bugs!
    To alle naggers: don't push. The work is done in spare (most precious) time and must be nice to do. Nagging won't help!

Anyway, the last SVN works pretty good, so no complaints from my side.

M

erdtn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    one bug Left !!!
    @ naggers: bugtracker helps !!!! they're getting on

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    MP 100%
    TV 100%

No.
    RC1 release will not happen this month, because there are a few changes which we need to test in deep first.

:sorry:

Please tell me it'll be out by the 12th of february? Not to nag, but if it ain't out by that day I can't touch my saetup for another 2 weeks :confused:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom