[News] MediaPortal 1.1.0 RC1 - delayed (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NLS

Portal Pro
April 26, 2006
Home Country
Greece Greece
...talking about a delay eh?

Passed four months and counting... When you talk about delays you REALLY MEAN IT. :)

I wonder if RC1 is 4-months-and-counting delayed... 1.1 or... 2.0 is like when? Another life time? :D
(explanation because I know some people are hyper-sensitive: I know this can be read as irony but it isn't - I am in no rush as I am not actively using MP right now - I just make a light joke about an actual fact)

Keep up the good work (when you have time :p).

EDIT: Seems currently two issues are active. One was not resolved as expected so it reopened (I guess this is more or less under control though), but the other is a bit "scary". Had its last update a month ago!? The strange thing is that new issues open too, so I wonder when something classifies as something to be resolved for RC1 or can take a rain-check for final etc. Severity?

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'm sure RC1 will be ready when it's ready, it can't be released until it's ready.

There is no point asking for them to release it with out fixing the last remaining bugs, if you want a release like that then just install the latest SVN

nikigraus

Portal Pro
    January 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    I'm sure RC1 will be ready when it's ready, it can't be released until it's ready.

There is no point asking for them to release it with out fixing the last remaining bugs, if you want a release like that then just install the latest SVN

I totally agree with that :)

NLS

Portal Pro
    April 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    I didn't ask for anything, did I?
    I am the last to (want or be able to) rush the project.

I just commented on a fact.

Now if my post is read as irony (funny how another non-native English speaker was the first to point this out), please ignore. Facts are facts though.

Kaoh

Portal Pro
    September 11, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I didn't ask for anything, did I?
    I am the last to (want or be able to) rush the project.

I just commented on a fact.

Now if my post is read as irony (funny how another non-native English speaker was the first to point this out), please ignore. Facts are facts though.

He is right here, it is fact that it is delayed for months now. And he stated that he did not mean it as irony.

Looking at the amount of testing for this release I think I will install the RC in my production environment as soon as it is out. I am sure it will be the best and most stable version ever.
    Does anyone know if it is possible to use an 1.0.1.0 TV server with RC1 clients?

thomas_fogh

Portal Pro
    June 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Can't wait till you release the RC1, so I can start testing. :D
    Let's hope it will be soon, so more people can help out with the testing...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom