[News] MediaPortal 1.1.0 RC4 - RELEASED (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

brena

Portal Member
May 24, 2008
Napier, Hawkes Bay
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I've had 1.0.2 installed since its release and it has worked great. I was putting off installing any new versions due to the time and effort it took setting things up right. Anyway just last weekend I jumped in and fresh installed Win 7 and MP RC3. In only a few hours from bare metal I had a nice stable system up and running and was able to sit back to watch some TV. The improvements to the new version are absolutely awesome - things like one button to disable Media Centre, another button to install MPTray. Everything is now super easy and just works out of the box. So a massively big thanks to all involved in making MediaPortal possible. THANKYOU! You all totally rock!

newfunfan

June 17, 2009
Re : MediaPortal 1.1.0 RC4 - RELEASED

HI All,

just try to move from 1.0.2. to 1.1 RC4.

I install on an XP platform. Instatllation seems to work fine but whzen I try to configure :

FAILED tp locate assembly " System.Core,Version=3.5.0.0,Culture=Neutral,PublicKeyToken=b77ac.....
Note that the configuration program must executed from/reside in tle MediaPortalfolder,the execution will now end.

Somebody can help ???

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Re: Re : MediaPortal 1.1.0 RC4 - RELEASED

HI All,

just try to move from 1.0.2. to 1.1 RC4.

I install on an XP platform. Instatllation seems to work fine but whzen I try to configure :

FAILED tp locate assembly " System.Core,Version=3.5.0.0,Culture=Neutral,PublicKeyToken=b77ac.....
    Note that the configuration program must executed from/reside in tle MediaPortalfolder,the execution will now end.

Somebody can help ???
    Create a bugreport in the forum which is linked to in the release news.

Include the COMPLETE error message.

Reg

Portal Pro
    November 22, 2008
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It was so nice you said it twice ! :)
    I thought the same. :)

Yes well although the upgrade was without a single glitch posting the message to say so was not so easy. I actually tried three times to edit that message and it just kept coming up double so in the end I left it :D

Do you want me to file a bug report about the glitch in my message posting LOL:D

orph

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 8, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Upgraded from RC1... Huge improvement! Feels stable, preforms quickly and efficiently. Great work!

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Upgrade from RC2 shouldn't create any problems?
    Upgrading from any RC should work nicely.
    If not, make sure you backup everything inside the logs folder. Including the Old Logs folder!

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    :D guys for the quick release, will help getting those issues pinned in the butt and verified!

Although I'm gonna skip this one and stick with RC3 on my systems for now, which runs really good, stable and fast. RC4 will not be any different I guess but since the issue fixes do not apply that much to my usage I see no need (no tv services over here anymore)

ggb

Portal Member
    January 28, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hé you guys

This release rocks. Everything i use is working without any problems. Thanks for this great piece of software :D:cool:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom