[News] MediaPortal 1 - 1.16.0 Released! (2 Viewers)

MausWiesel

Portal Member
December 21, 2011
Home Country
Germany Germany
Thanks for your hints! It safes me a lot of time.

(I updated from 1.15-final (with OV 2.2.0.0) to 1.16-final on both, server+clients. The following MePo-start at the TV-clients shows an information, that the OV-plugin is incompatible. I skipped this hint with "next"/"weiter" button. When starting Live-TV, i got the error message "unknown error"/"unbekannter fehler" with each channel. After upgrading OV to 2.3 everthing works fine again).

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Many thanks to all the developers involved in this super new version, with significant great new features e.g. intergration of Madvr, HEVC TV and BD-J etc.
    Really well done.(y):)(y)

Don hart

Portal Member
    May 8, 2012
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I just tried an upgrade to 1.16 and once the upgrade was done I could not play any of my videos. Got the codec:avc error. tried all the normal things but couldnt correct the issue. Had to downgrade to 1.15 to get it working again.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Don

Thanks for the report.

Got the codec:avc error.
    I'm not familiar with that error. I can only guess that the cause might be that you haven't configured your video codec settings.
    Video Codecs - MediaPortal 1 - MediaPortal Wiki

In any case, it's almost certainly not a general problem with 1.16 as we've had no other similar reports thus far.

I suggest you update to MP 1.16 again, then if you encounter the same problem, please post a bug report with log files -->here<--.

Thanks again,
    mm

Rappa San

April 23, 2017
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Cannot install Mediaportal 1.16.0 on latest Win10 home.Latest means Version 1703 creators update included.
    The installer misses the .NET 3.5 framework. You can't install it under Win10...
    Any suggestions?

Finally got it: You have to enable .NET 3.5 in appwiz.cpl manually.

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome @Rappa San

Any suggestions?
    Ask Uncle Google! ;)
    First result:
    Fix: .NET Framework 3.5 is Missing From Windows 10
    1. Press Windows key and R at the same time.
    2. Type appwiz.cpl in the Run command box and press Enter.
    3. In the Programs and Features window, click on the link Turn Windows features on or off.
    4. Check if the .NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0) option is available in it.
    5. If yes, then enable it and then click on OK.
    6. Follow the on-screen instructions, complete the installation and restart the computer, if the process requests that from you.

tom_ktom

Portal Member
    August 26, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I am suffering audio discontinuities since I updated to 1.16. They appear in playing videos (until now just tested with TV recordings) after a couple of minutes of normal playing. It is always just a short moment of silence... just some miliseconds maybe, but well noticable.
    This problem exists on two different computers with totally different configurations and idependent from playing local files or via network.
    The worst thing is, that going back to 1.15 does not help. Even cleanly uninstalling MP and reinstalling (no matter what version) does not help.... only restoring an image backup of my computer (taken directly before updating to 1.16) solves the problem.

The update was only for MP. No new LAV filters were downloaded and config was untouched... Just updated MP from 1.15 to 1.16 and played video.

Attached you find the log of my AudioRenderer. Do you need anything else?

tom_ktom

Portal Member
    August 26, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It seems to be solved. After I compared my configuration (which worked very well with 1.15) to the one of our laptop where I installed MP for the first time, I changed some settings back to default (like AV sync) and until now I didn't recognize problems anymore.

MFH

February 13, 2014
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Just upgraded to this new version and started toying with the Ares (up until now I was using the Apollo slick skin).
    I wanted to modify the skin via the built in editor to replicate some of the features of that skin - specifically dedicated tiles for unwatched series episodes (tvseries) and unwatched movies (moving pictures), but I just can't figure out the format required by the skin for hyperlink-parameters.

How can I determine the format and parameters needed to create custom tiles?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom