1.32 MediaPortal 1 - 1.32 with x64 support released! (2 Viewers)

budinsky

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 12, 2009
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Layout I like to use is broken again.

Layout Classic Home: Legacy
    Layout Plugin Home: Legacy

Broken example
    broken.png

Working example
    legacy.png

budinsky

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 12, 2009
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I upgraded my TV setup with the pre-release.
    Will need to uninstall it to upgrade to a release version.
    Am I able to use the database and settings or do I need to manually rebuild everything?

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I was able to just do an upgrade of my MP 1.32 x64 pre to 1.32 x64 Final, the only problem I ran into was with the Multishortcut plugin which did not upgrade and I needed to copy in an previous version of BasicHomeEditorDefines.xml to recover the shortcuts as it had been overwritten with a new version.

budinsky

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 12, 2009
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Tested MP 1.32 x86 on my test machine and it's working great.

Decided to install MP 1.32 x64 on my Media server and found the plugins don't work.
    All the ones outlined in red do not appear in x64. I assumed they would.

I guess we still need to use the patched versions on the pre-release page.
    Should maybe mention that on the first post of this thread.

plugins.png

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I guess we still need to use the patched versions on the pre-release page.
    Should maybe mention that on the first post of this thread.
    It is not really clear to me what the situation is, my HTPC MP was already at x64 pre and as mentioned everything except the Multishortcut plugin upgraded to 1.32 x64 Final without problems. From what I read of the release notes there was NOTHING indicating that the x86 version could be upgraded complete with its plugins, I understood that using the x64 version of the MP Extension Manager would install the correct versions of plugins for use on the x64 version of MP, did you try that??? Having said that on a fresh x64 MP 1.32 Final install I tried the Online Videos Plugin from the x64 Extension Manager and it did not work and it looks like it is still loading the x86 version, bug reported here I did not try any other plugins yet in case even more bugs flew out.:eek:

Last edited:

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I believe the big problem here is that the already available x64 compatible plugins are not available from the repo, but only from the [WiP] - 5154: MediaPortal 1 - x64 - SharpDX thread - and many of those are still ZIPs to copy into your MP x64 folder..
    This said, we need someone who makes x64 MPEIs and upload them to an extra x64 plugins repo, which will then accessed from the x64 Extension Manager.
    Even for experienced users it´s still difficult to find and install the x64 plugins available now ;)
    And Yes - I also think we should remove the MP x64 installer from the DL page ;)
    BTW: Another possibility would be to prepare a MP x64 installer with all already working x64 plugins integrated ;)

Last edited:

budinsky

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 12, 2009
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I noticed a lot of files missing from the titan skin.
    My clean install x64 had a lot less files than my clean install x86 on another computer.
    Only bothered to look when I created an any cpu build of IMDb+ and when I tried to load it, I seen an error on the screen about a missing xml file from the titan skin folder.

IMDB+ plugin should try to install Moving Pictures if it's not already installed. Instead it throws an error when it can't update the database.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    And Yes - I also think we should remove the MP x64 installer from the DL page ;)
    Me too, sadly there is just too much wrong with it, the MySQL isue stops the install, TV channel scanning needs to have a fix applied and now we find what working plugins are available are both difficult to find and in some cases not straight forward to install. Strangly the new Weather plugin which does have both x86 and x64 MPEI versions is also not listed in the MP Extension Manager!o_O
    I do wonder why it is taking so long to get a fix for the download package, once that is resolved it would probably be acceptable to add a notice listing the plugins currently available, with download links, while work to have them accessible from the Extension Manager is ongoing.

Last edited:

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    I ran into was with the Multishortcut plugin which did not upgrade and I needed to copy in an previous version of BasicHomeEditorDefines.xml to recover the shortcuts as it had been overwritten with a new version.
    Yep, but, this is not a MultiShortcut plugin problem, this is skin relevant. ;)

And yes, finding a way to give a shortcut in the basic home skin, where it can't be made easyly inside this plugin, it is a great feat.
    Even if I think of someone, I don't remember exactly who was so skilled enough to make it possible. :D

Globally, if possible, deploy it in all "official" skins could be a nice improvment. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom