[News] MediaPortal 1.11.0 Released! (1 Viewer)

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Great, but I am a bit confused, looking at the JIRA dashboard most things planned for the release are still work in progress, so I didn't expect a release today.
    I think those issues will be pushed to at least 1.12pre, then?

Last edited:

radical

Portal Pro
    December 16, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thank you very much for the new release, but the downloadlink dosen't work for me.

juro

Portal Pro
    March 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi together,

thanks for the version. The version itself seems to be only a bug fix version.
    • [MP1-4561] - Music database scan from GUI runs dialog on wrong thread
    • [MP1-4623] - Fix ViewModeSwitcher for 3D TAB movies
    • [MP1-4626] - Fix LoadSkin TvPlugin TvDelayThread
    • [MP1-4627] - Embedded Thumbs not shown in Now Playing
    • [MP1-4630] - Music Now Playing fails displaying Last.FM information
    • [MP1-4632] - Wrong song selected when playlist is available in directory
    In general I was wondering about the development strategy of MediaPortal 1 and 2. After years MP1 works perfect for me and meets all requirements and probably for most of the MP users. Unfortunately I see no more innovations, new plug-ins and skin adaptations.
    I tested the latest MP2 version. From my point of view MP2 is far away from a live status. From time to time I test XMBC now Kodi. My impression is, that the development process and innovation cycle here is much more dynamic?!

As an old fan of Mediaportal I would like to recommend: Stop all MP1 development activities, put all development power in MP2.

Thanks!
    JuRo

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Regards MP1 release cycles: We add new features and bugfixes to Pre Releases and only bugfixes to Final versions.

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi together,

thanks for the version. The version itself seems to be only a bug fix version.
    • [MP1-4561] - Music database scan from GUI runs dialog on wrong thread
    • [MP1-4623] - Fix ViewModeSwitcher for 3D TAB movies
    • [MP1-4626] - Fix LoadSkin TvPlugin TvDelayThread
    • [MP1-4627] - Embedded Thumbs not shown in Now Playing
    • [MP1-4630] - Music Now Playing fails displaying Last.FM information
    • [MP1-4632] - Wrong song selected when playlist is available in directory
    In general I was wondering about the development strategy of MediaPortal 1 and 2. After years MP1 works perfect for me and meets all requirements and probably for most of the MP users. Unfortunately I see no more innovations, new plug-ins and skin adaptations.
    I tested the latest MP2 version. From my point of view MP2 is far away from a live status. From time to time I test XMBC now Kodi. My impression is, that the development process and innovation cycle here is much more dynamic?!

As an old fan of Mediaportal I would like to recommend: Stop all MP1 development activities, put all development power in MP2.

Thanks!
    JuRo

Well it's not only bug fixes between 1.10.0 and 1.11.0, that is the change log from 1.11.0 PRE to 1.11.0. No new features are introduced between a test version and a stable one (of course!). If you read the news you will see two change logs!

Lotsofjazz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    During the upgrade from 1.11 pre realease to 1.11 final release I got an error message "error handle 32" but after clicking OK it continued without any hickups.. It was during the install of Mediaportal module, after that the installation of TV server and TV plugin went smoothly... And all works fine as well.

Thanks for already seven years (for me) of tirelessly development of mediaportal.. 1.11 is really the smoothest ever!!

Users who are viewing this thread