Mediaportal 1.18 on win 10 issue with Kodi as client server (1 Viewer)

TedT

March 1, 2018
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I followed all the steps in various wikis and continue to have the same result when I try to view it on kodi: PVR manager is starting 0% progress. I downloaded Mediaportal tvserver and have configured it. The channels are in and I can view them with the preview function. I have also downloaded the plugin for Kodi:TVServerKodi plugin v1.15.0.137. The configuration on the mediaportal add-on in Kodi is to what it says it should be and it matches with the port listed in the plugin on MP. I read that mediaportal 1 works better with Kodi so i'd like to see this through, anyone ever experience this and have a solution?

Three6ZeroCool

Portal Member
April 4, 2013
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hello.

I have encountered this behavior at times. It appears to happen to me, for a couple of reasons.

1. The client has issues connecting to host computer running MediaPortal TV Server in timely fashion.
Suggestion is to make sure your PC running TVserver is using a static IP address, and then when configuring the Kodi remote client, make sure to use that static IP address.

2. When the above happens, and the client can not connect properly, things seem to somehow corrupt.
Suggestion, when this happens, first in the clients TV section of settings, disable the pvr feature (disable PVR), and then reboot client. Then in same TV settings section, find General, and clear all data, and then locate Guide, and likewise clear all data.
Restart your kodi client, and then enable the PVR feature.

Try that and see if it helps. It usually does the trick for me.
(fingers crossed for ya!)

Three6ZeroCool

Portal Member
April 4, 2013
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Captains Log: Additional. (always wanted to say that!)
In previous post, I neglected to say that I have a few Kodi clients running off TVserver.

2 are AppleTV4k's, and the other is Kodi itself running on the same PC as TVserver.

Works quite reliably, and yes much better on MediaPortal 1.x in my opinion anyway.

For me, I have a set top box as one source for some of my TV channels, and this is the only sticking point for me, as channel changing on client sometimes has weird issues, so I find in that instance, if I press stop first before selecting a new channel, then 99% of the time it is fine, and I have gotten into that habit now.
I think it is because of the nature of my channel configuration, with a mix of both analog and digital sources, so that IR blasting is required, and that adds complexity.
Just running pure digital tho, it works really seamlessly MOST of the time. (until what happened to you happens, and the PVR channels won't populate and stay at 0 or low percentage) That is rare occurance tho to be honest.

I have one strange issue, which I have posted above your posting, where now and again, Mediaportal schedules every show on every channel.
The theory is that it has something to do with Harmony remote I use.. I don't know, but it started happening a couple of MP versions ago, and I really have not changed my configuration apart from the actual MP software.

Anyway, am trying to eliminate likely culprits, and in doing so encountering other issues, but hey, it's all part of the fun.

Bottom line, I personally find MediaPortal 1.18 and the pre-release 1.19 to be more desirable and functional. as far as the plugins and skins that I use.
I have tried MP2, but I can't quite configure it as I want to, and can not get IR blasting working right.

TedT

March 1, 2018
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Thanks for the tip, it worked perfectly! I didn't realize how fickle these programs are!

Sameritan

Portal Member
November 29, 2017
Gothenburg
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi guys. Intresting post you guys have here. i am trying to setup tvserverkodi plugin.: Add network shares for timeshift and recordings folder but i get error that the name i choose is not unique. Is this important if so any idea what to do? Thanks for helping in advance.

Three6ZeroCool

Portal Member
April 4, 2013
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi Sameritan...

Hmm, is this on your Kodi client that gives that error?

What you need to do first before attempting to share folders in Client, is first make sure MediaPortal TVserver is configured.

1. On your TVserver computer, create media folders for your recordings and timeshifts.
Myself, I created folders called 'Recordings' and 'Timeshift'

2. On your TVserver computer, run the TVserver configuration.

3. Select the Recordings tab, and then select the Folders tab.
For Recording folder, press the 3 dot box menu, and browse for and select the recording folder you created.
eg. Mine is 'F:\Recordings'
Press 'Same recording folder for all tuner cards'
(so you don't have to redo for each tuner card, if you have multiple cards)

4. Select the Timeshifting tab.
Select Timeshift Folder by pressing browse button, and choose the timeshift folder you created.
eg. Mine is 'F:\TVserver\Timeshift'
Again press 'Same timeshift folder for all cards'

5. Make sure your configured folders are accessible from the network.
eg. if your PC running TVserver is visible, then you need to be able to see the Recordings and Timeshift folders you configured in TVserver configuration.

6. Once the above is configured, only then should you configure your client.

Not sure which client etc you are using, remote or local, so you would need to specify.
You definitely need to 'share' the 2 folders you specified for Recordings and Timeshift, and in the kodipvr configuration, you need to enter in username and password for the local account you normally use when logged in to the PC running TVserver.

Hope this helps...

Sameritan

Portal Member
November 29, 2017
Gothenburg
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Thanks for your help. My client is Kodi runing FireTvStick andriod. I did as you advised , Connection was successfull .
Now i got Error: CvideoPlayer::OpeninputStream - error opening (pvr;//channels/tv/All channels/pvr.medialportal.tvserver_251.pvr)
I really i appreciate your effort.

Three6ZeroCool

Portal Member
April 4, 2013
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I don't have a FireTVStick, so know very little about the device. (nothing in fact)
However, the error you mention sounds like some kind of permission issue.

Typically to gain network access to a computer with user/group access, requires one to connect to the host machine using login credentials that exist on the host machine.
eg. the same credientials one might use to login to your MediaPortal PC.
You would need to enter these credentials into the Mediaportal KodiPVR plugin configuration.
You might also need to configure SMB in Kodi settings also.

I don't know if FireTVstick has default username or password, but if it does, you probably would need to create a user account on your PC of same credentials.
You maybe able to change the share permissions on the MediaPortal shared folders to allow 'All Users', but doing so could pose security risk.

Try configuring the SMB preference settings in your FireTVStick's Kodi client.
As mentioned above tho, I am not the best person to give advice on your FireTVStick. IF you get an AppleTV4k, then I can help.(grin)

Perhaps if you have another PC, you could test Mediaportal PC using that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom