[News] MediaPortal 1.2.0 final released! (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi shummi

We're aware of this and working as quickly as we can to resolve it - the problem was created by something that is outside our control. Please read -->here<-- for more details.

mm

corporate_gadfly

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I made a clean new install of MP 1.2 (after removing and cleaning up 1.1.3) and I was greatly surprised that the ViewModeSwitcher Plugin is already inclded!Is this new? If yes, great idea, one ofmy favourites!

Thanx for the great work, runs smoothly! no issues so far.
    +1 regarding thanks. Upgraded from 1.2.0 Beta to final without any problems. I hadn't heard of the ViewModeSwitcher. Been using IFC - Intelligent Frame Correction. Are they similar? I'm happy with IFC so far.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I made a clean new install of MP 1.2 (after removing and cleaning up 1.1.3) and I was greatly surprised that the ViewModeSwitcher Plugin is already inclded!Is this new? If yes, great idea, one ofmy favourites!

Thanx for the great work, runs smoothly! no issues so far.
    +1 regarding thanks. Upgraded from 1.2.0 Beta to final without any problems. I hadn't heard of the ViewModeSwitcher. Been using IFC - Intelligent Frame Correction. Are they similar? I'm happy with IFC so far.
    I think it is fair to say that IFC is more advanced.

sixgun

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 31, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    :D

I've upgraded my server and 5 client PCs without any issues whatsoever.

(I did have to backup my schedules, wipe all channels, retune and restore my schedules because of the double retune in my area recently)

Here is a list of awesome stuff in this release IMO ...
    • speed increases, the whole UI feels quite snappy now
    • TV doesn't miss a beat when messing with menus whilst watching a program
    • new skin looks great
    • upgrade process was a breeze
    • new recording icon (top left of most screens) looks much nicer
    • finally the listview/grid expands with the size of the configuration application's window
    • configuration app is much much faster
    • skin/plugin installation much easier

Not quite so awesome stuff (some comments from my other half!) ...
    • we both miss Mepo, he was cute!
    • contrast not quite right in the "stop tv popup"
    • red line showing current time in tv guide a bit too prominent
    That's it, that's all I can find wrong with it!!

I've not upgraded in a while, hence I've not donated in a while.

I have now. Many many thanks to the whole team.

If I had more spare time I'd contribute to the project somehow.

Users who are viewing this thread