[News] MediaPortal 1.2.0 final released! (2 Viewers)

nfox

Portal Pro
August 22, 2006
London
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Excellent news - downloaded it already.

I notice in the announcement it says:
"Remember, because of the plugin version check change, none of your currently installed plugins will work with 1.2.0"
and
"Because of mandatory skin changes, your currently installed skin will not work with 1.2.0!"

Does this include skins and plugins created for 1.2.0RC, or is it just for versions created for 1.1.3 and earlier?

Many thanks

Neil

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Excellent news - downloaded it already.

I notice in the announcement it says:
    "Remember, because of the plugin version check change, none of your currently installed plugins will work with 1.2.0"
    and
    "Because of mandatory skin changes, your currently installed skin will not work with 1.2.0!"

Does this include skins and plugins created for 1.2.0RC, or is it just for versions created for 1.1.3 and earlier?
    Thats for Installations of 1.2.0 Alpha and earlier.

*edit*
    :oops: I used the wrong (=confusing) upgrade text, rather than the one I wrote for 1.2.0 RC.
    Fixed this. Hope its clear now. :)

nick76

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2009
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Thank you all for your effort... I've just downloaded and now i'm installing it!!

thank you againa

wietze

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    Damwoude
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I'm installing it right now, as always installation without any problems.

Big thanks to our fantastic team!!!!
    This is a real milestone in MP's history and future. For people who are looking for a better solution than all other mediacenter software step in and be a member of this fantastic community

MrCrabs

Portal Pro
    January 21, 2010
    Braunschweig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thank you all for your effort. This release gives MP a lot espacially things making it less nerdy like the compatibility check and the overall better stability and quicker reaction, so you don't need to invest your time to get it running.
    You guys really did a great job!

Fafnir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This is torture! I am in the offivce and it will take more than 9 hours before I can go for it! ;)

This is one of those things that I'd warn you developers about: Keep some new ideas and improvements for MP2...! The current RC of 1.2 was already an exciting new product.

IMO there is no equal product on the market for HTPC software and your management of that software is thus professional, that all commercial product should duck behind you & MP.

:D, and again :D

Users who are viewing this thread