[News] MediaPortal 1.2.1 final released! (1 Viewer)

jonywee

Portal Member
September 7, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Wow, my first flawless upgrade! MP is getting better and better. What a huge leap compared to the 0.1.2 release I started with 5 years ago.
Running MP client, 4therecord TV server and Anysee for HD TV.

Helical

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thank you for the update.
    But i am a little supprised when updating Mediaportal. When I select the option to download only the necessary parts seperately, to install mediaportal offline, something strange happened.

First the installer mentioned that windows mediaplayer 11 for win xp should be downloaded. Since i have Windows 7 i find it strange because its already installed.

When the installer tries to download "mysql-essential-5.1.38-winx64.msi", an error message appears and the installer stops.

Maybe some other users noticed this. For me, the solution was to update Mediaportal from 1.2.0 to 1.2.1 automatically.

cbe37

Portal Member
    August 18, 2011
    Home Country
    England England
    Help! Have upgraded from 1.2.0RC to 1.2.1. Now when I click on MediaPortal.exe - not the shortcut - it loads the configuration program!

Help! Have just upgraded from 1.2.0RC to 1.2.1; now when I click on MediaPortal.exe - not the shortcut - I get the configuration tool!

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Help! Have upgraded from 1.2.0RC to 1.2.1. Now when I click on MediaPortal.exe - not the shortcut - it loads the configuration program!
    I am 99.999% sure that you did not select "update" but left the default "clean install" option enabled in the 1.2.1 installer.
    So all your "MediaPortal" and "MediaPortal TV-Server" folders in
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal
    Got renamed to _backup.

If you want to restore your previous configuration, copy the contents of those backup folders back to the ones without _backup in their name.

aeppsi

Portal Member
    September 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: MediaPortal 1.2.1 final released!

Great job!!! I have upgraded from MP 1.2.0 FINAL without any issue. Now, with the new 1.2.1 version, the whole system is more stable then before.

My HTPC is now as I have dreamed about. Many thanks.
    aeppsi

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom