[News] MediaPortal 1.2.1 final released! (2 Viewers)

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Thanks a lot guys, good job!
    My system was suffering from the crash on exit bug and in a few other cases as well which has been solved.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    charettepa: I responded in the other thread. Please don't double post. I will see your post without the need for this so it becomes a little annoying... ;)

torbjorns

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thank you for the update.
    But i am a little supprised when updating Mediaportal. When I select the option to download only the necessary parts seperately, to install mediaportal offline, something strange happened.

First the installer mentioned that windows mediaplayer 11 for win xp should be downloaded. Since i have Windows 7 i find it strange because its already installed.

When the installer tries to download "mysql-essential-5.1.38-winx64.msi", an error message appears and the installer stops.

Maybe some other users noticed this. For me, the solution was to update Mediaportal from 1.2.0 to 1.2.1 automatically.

I noticed that too(how did you do it automatically?). Im not sure that I got 1.2.1 installed now. On splashscreen it says 1.2.0.0

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    The "download only" option will download everything that is in general required for an installation.

You could use the "download only" option on a W7 PC, but then install it on a WinXP PC - what if WMP11 would not be in the package then?

globaldonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Thanks for a great release guys. 1.2.1 totally rocks. Been up and running on Windows 7 with MP 1.2.1 for a couple weeks now. Not a single crash. My 3 year old had an uncanny knack of breaking 1.1.2 on XP on a regular basis. And this was such a breeze to install. Took about a day with StreamedMP as well. A far cry from the 1.0 releases. Loving the Microsoft DTV codec and EVR for picture quality. Keep up the good work.

timus

Portal Member
    August 7, 2011
    Re : MediaPortal 1.2.1 final released!

salut

it's my first post, and my first use with mediaportal .... after a few hours to setup mediaportal ... I am very very happy ... thanks a lot for all developpers

ps : sorry for my english, i am french :confused:

sk280

September 17, 2011
    Hello All, Am recent 7mc convert after trying out 1.2beta. I have to say am absolutely impressed by media portal so far. After lots of fiddling around Ive settled with the Maya skin. I cant believe how fantastic media portal looks and so user friendly as well. I am forever tinkering (playing as its a new toy ;)). Whats taking my breath away is the integration of moving-pictures, tv-series and best of all - online videos with trailers at the click of a button. I watch the trailers for my movie collection first before deciding which movie to watch. Its absolutely amazing.

webcris77

Portal Pro
    October 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    if you want to increase more your experience, i suggest you to try MP with Dlink DSM-22 remote.
    Try and enjoy!!:D

cokokrem

October 17, 2011
    Home Country
    Help me please to unscramble DVB-T channels
    Hi everyone, I`m from Uzbekistan. I`ve dowloaded media portal 1.2.1.0 and istalled, and did channel search and program found all free-to-air and scrambled channels. On my laptop there is AVERMEDIA H968 hybrid ANALOG/DVB-T tuner.
    What should I do to unscramble all channels. Please, tell me what to do. Thank`s in advance

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom