MediaPortal 1.2.3 Config Crashes on Start up in Windows 7 (1 Viewer)

Terry1536

Portal Member
February 16, 2013
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
After the the configuration program crashes, the only error log entry is "unable to add BDA MPEG2 Transport Information Filter filter:0x4022D." I've tried uninstalling and re-installing several times with no results. The TV server configuration program will run, but if one tries to run MediaPortal itself the configuration program starts and crashes. This problem just started as everything worked several weeks ago on this new 64 bit Windows Professional system. Several new programs were installed in the meantime but none had anything to do with the TV tuner card but did deal with the blu-ray/DVD recorder.
Does anyone have any idea how to correct or work around this problem?

Thanks,

Terry1536

I have added a copy of the configuaration log file which shows the program stopping where the video codecs are about to be loaded

This turns out to be a compatibility problem in Windows 7 with Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 8.0. and certain programs including MediaPortal. There is no such issue in Windows XP. I have not found a workaround other than doing without either Vegas or the other programs.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom