MediaPortal 1.2.3 Config Crashes on Start up in Windows 7 (1 Viewer)

Terry1536

Portal Member
February 16, 2013
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
After the the configuration program crashes, the only error log entry is "unable to add BDA MPEG2 Transport Information Filter filter:0x4022D." I've tried uninstalling and re-installing several times with no results. The TV server configuration program will run, but if one tries to run MediaPortal itself the configuration program starts and crashes. This problem just started as everything worked several weeks ago on this new 64 bit Windows Professional system. Several new programs were installed in the meantime but none had anything to do with the TV tuner card but did deal with the blu-ray/DVD recorder.
Does anyone have any idea how to correct or work around this problem?

Thanks,

Terry1536

I have added a copy of the configuaration log file which shows the program stopping where the video codecs are about to be loaded

This turns out to be a compatibility problem in Windows 7 with Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 8.0. and certain programs including MediaPortal. There is no such issue in Windows XP. I have not found a workaround other than doing without either Vegas or the other programs.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I tested this on my Intel Core i7-4785T on a MSI Z97 Gaming 7 mainboard. With the Intel HD Graphics driver version 15.40.47.5166, MediaPortal crashes when I try to play MPEG2 (SD) recordings/live TV. With H.264 (HD) ts files or live TV, it works. I also tested it with...
I tested this on my Intel Core i7-4785T on a MSI Z97 Gaming 7 mainboard. With the Intel HD Graphics driver version 15.40.47.5166...
Hello everyone. I've run into this issue recently on 2x systems that I manage for friends and family. Both run MP 1.25 using the...
Replies
Views
It is looking and working very well now and I am almost at the point of switching my HTPC to MP2, madvr would definitely push me over the edge for sure.;)
It is looking and working very well now and I am almost at the point of switching my HTPC to MP2, madvr would definitely push me...
We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3 MediaPortal 2.3 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common user...
Replies
Views
I re-installed Windows 10 from scratch and moved to mediaportal 2, and now scheduling works as expected. I do not know if the issue was related to the fact that my previous installation was an upgrade of Windows 7 with an already installed mediaportal 1. Anyway I leave my comment here for future reference for people upgrading to...
I re-installed Windows 10 from scratch and moved to mediaportal 2, and now scheduling works as expected. I do not know if the...
I have been using mediaportal 1.21 with windows 7 with powerscheduler plugin activated and a task scheduled in windows to download...
Replies
Views
We have just released MediaPortal 1.27 Highlights of this release Bugfixes: [MP1-5050] - GUIHome should not be copied next to the mediaportal executable [MP1-5051] - Music Playback fails with ReplayGain enabled and no ReplayGain Information in song [MP1-5053] - TV framerate is not parsed from tsbuffer Since Pre-Release ...
We have just released MediaPortal 1.27 Highlights of this release Bugfixes: [MP1-5050] - GUIHome should not be copied next to...
We have just released MediaPortal 1.27 Highlights of this release Bugfixes: [MP1-5050] - GUIHome should not be copied next to...
Replies
Views
I thinks this is the first time I've installed MP on all my machines without a single IO error 32. Good work guys, thanks!
I thinks this is the first time I've installed MP on all my machines without a single IO error 32. Good work guys, thanks!
We have just released MediaPortal 1.26 - Winter is coming... Highlights of this release Bugfixes: [MP1-5031] - Fix Invalid File...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom