[News] MediaPortal 1.3.0 Alpha Released (1 Viewer)

yoavain

Extension Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Is there anywhere a skin/extensions compatibility table? (which support only 1.1.x, which support 1.2.x and which support 1.3.x)
    As the news says. Before you install/upgrade - contact the extension authors/visit their forum threads if they have an 1.3.0 ALPHA test version.

But because we talk about Alpha Software here, the community has to understand that the extension authors need time to adapt.
    Their focus will understandably be on supporting the 1.2.3 current stable version of MP and it's users.

I understand there has been major changes and extensions/skin developers need time to adapt. I also believe they shouldn't be rushed or asked for ETAs :). I prefer getting a stable release, rather than a premature one.
    My intentions were to centralize the compatibility questions user have to one place, instead of following 20 threads in the forum to see if a certain extension support the new version.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    My intentions were to centralize the compatibility questions user have to one place, instead of following 20 threads in the forum to see if a certain extension support the new version.
    Thats a good idea and we had that once in the old wiki. Sadly it was never kept up to date and so we removed it again.

Redemption80

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 21, 2010
    Glasgow
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Many thanks for this, been looking forward to it.

Quick test and i can get StreamedMP working if i switch once inside, probably end up with issues though, but will do while i'm waiting for a proper one, and the GF doesn't like change lol.

Fantastic to see native BluRay playback, don't imagine i'm alone in wanting rid of bloated and expensive software players.

MPAR is nice to see as well, only reason i stopped using it was more to do with my Asus soundcard than the actual renderer, on paper it sounds better than Reclock now, well for non SPDIF stuff anyway.

husmoaschta

Portal Pro
    August 15, 2010
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Is there some chance to get cascaded CAM-support for Digital Devices Cine-series again within MP1.3a as like in 1.2.2? Because now TV-functionality is completely broken :-(

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Is there some chance to get cascaded CAM-support for Digital Devices Cine-series again within MP1.3a as like in 1.2.2? Because now TV-functionality is completely broken :-(

husmoaschta, please make a bugreport for this in the bugreports section, with complete logs etc. and not in this release thread. I'm pretty sure a nice dev wil help fixing it.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    on paper it sounds better than Reclock now, well for non SPDIF stuff anyway.
    What do you mean?
    I have MPAR encode 5.1 audio and output an ac3 through optical spdif.

Sorry, yeah i know, i just notice less of a difference having audio frames dropped/repeated than encoding to AC3.
    Could you explain this a bit more detailed? :)

husmoaschta, please make a bugreport for this in the bugreports section, with complete logs etc. and not in this release thread. I'm pretty sure a nice dev wil help fixing it.
    @husmoaschta
    There is no need for a bug report because this is not a bug but a missing feature. mm had a test binary published in the forums for 1.2.3 which enabled the support of that DigitalDevices hardware.
    Sadly we did not get the rework done for 1.3.0 Alpha, which the support of that hardware is a part of.

I am talking with mm to see when he can publish a test version in Area51. :)

Last edited:

hafblade

Portal Pro
    January 19, 2011
    Trier, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yeah. Great alpha release.

I like especially the nfo import / export feature (it is the better sort of saving the data for ever :p ) and I love the new default skin HORIZONTAL theme. It's really cool. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom