[News] MediaPortal 1.3.0 Beta Released (1 Viewer)

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    In 1.3 Beta, your 1.3 Alpha compatible plugins will function, you will need updates for your 1.3 Alpha compatible skins as the new setup screen xml are missing (although, if you don't need to use the setup screens from within the GUI you can set the skin from 1.3.0.0 to 1.3.0.1 in references.xml, and you will have most of your functionality). You must still wait for a compatible update for your skin to have full functionality in MP 1.3 Beta.

If you are updating from MP 1.2.x, then some of your plugins might not work, and you skins will have to be updated to 1.3 compatibility as there are too many changes in MP.

Because of changes between 1.2 Alpha and 1.2 Final, through 1.3 Beta,, plugins and skins for all versions prior to 1.2 Final are not compatible with MP 1.3 Beta.

I'm not sure where there could be a misunderstanding?

(dangit! ... to slow)

Last edited:

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Cool - with change, Frames 1.3 Alpha version works fine in 1.3 Beta, only tested with MovingPictures, MPTVSeries & BBC Weather.

Cheers - JCMP

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Excellent - I just tried that xml edit with Maya HD and I seem to have success. Thank You! :)

jmvaughn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 7, 2009
    Houston, Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Just wanted to say thank you to the devs for this new version.

I've also sent in 50 Euros. I've gotten a fantastic amount of utility out of MP, and it's about time I made a contribution.

Tomislav

Portal Member
    May 4, 2011
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Hello, it seems that microsoft codec doesn't show up in XVID/DIVX drop down menu (it does in MPEG 2 anh H.264). I think I used Microsoft codec for DIVX in 1.2.

larry_S

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The German information on the blog contains an incorrect link for donations.

Klez

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Guys!!... This is AWESOME! The first time i feel like Mediaportal made a huge step towards functionality instead of more and more optics. The Titan Skin is just great! A pure and clean look, with an overall good balance between design and function. Thank you!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom