[News] MediaPortal 1.3.0 Beta Released (1 Viewer)

wjw

Portal Pro
July 13, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Just installed beta over alpha. Immediate question about the new skin and the display in Recorded TV. Previously I used Default Wide (which we liked for it's clean simplicity - so far not sure that the new Default Wide is too fussy) and had the display of recordings arranged so that Series folders were always displayed first and then individual files/programmes, in reverse date so that oldest programmes were always at the top of the displayed list. I can't seem to get this now. I sort by recordings and date and the list of folders and individual files is mixed up - whichever date order is chosen.

Have I missed something obvious here? I didn't change any settings before the upgrade and had expected the "internal" displays of lists to be carried over so can't understand why this particular list is different.

I have tried this with Titan as well - no different.

I have a second client machine on which is Purevision HD from some months ago. This will connect to the new 1.3beta server OK and still displays the list of recorded TV the way I want it (all folders/series at the top of the page followed by single items in the date order I prefer).

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Just installed beta over alpha. Immediate question about the new skin and the display in Recorded TV...
    I think this is a deliberate change:
    http://mantis.team-mediaportal.com/view.php?id=3799

The list should now be ordered strictly by date if you order by date.
    Folders will be mixed with files, yes.

I have tried this with Titan as well - no different.

I have a second client machine on which is Purevision HD from some months ago. This will connect to the new 1.3beta server OK and still displays the list of recorded TV the way I want it (all folders/series at the top of the page followed by single items in the date order I prefer).
    This is not a skin issue. I presume the other machine is not running MP 1.3 beta? By the way, we don't recommend or support mixing and matching versions of MediaPortal and TV Server like that.

Kui

Portal Pro
    November 11, 2010
    Alajärvi
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Thanks for all that have done this great job in 1.3.0 beta release... I love the Titan, but most of all I love the settings inside GUI, and that for ive moved from XBMC to MediaPortal again, and i've translated several plugins to Finnish language over a day or two and i will go on translating/helping alot if this phase of MP is going on!!! (I am Java programmer so i cannot directly help you guys :mad:)

I will give all my effort and freetime for this thing, as i see that direction of MP is correct now (more to USER-FRIENDLY--->Settings near remote/GUI), i try to release/give my job in couple days for release as i get confirmations that my translations are atleast "allmost" correct.. :) Also i will give donation when MP 1.3 final (or atleast when that 'half/quarter screen issue when resuming' is solved (Scythe42, I know you're busy but PLEASE alot peeps waiting this, and about 80% is not posting of this which i know is wrong, like myself.....:)), and some sound problems ive faced/read atleast with HDMI to Samsung LCD 37")...

Also HUGE thanks/credit for Goersch A.K.A "GMPS Scheduler" creator, who have made this MP whole alot more user-friendly when thinking of TV behaviour of MP and recordings etc etc... (Althou i bet we would love to see more user-friendly settings on that too, BUT still!)

These as i might say "third party developers" often will stay on background, and wont get respect/credit AT ALL what they do deserve, so i try to give it to them!

And please, TV users of MP (like me), test atleast GMPS Scheduler, play with it abit and you'll see that it has shitloads of abilities, also we should give more feedback to these creators...

But overall guys/developers/skinners (and bughunters/whiners/all of US users), goddamn, direction is correct, and A-W-E-S-O-M-E job!

Thanks for that!

FIN (Kui)

ZealotTC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Just wanted to say thanks! Going to install this later today and I'm pretty excited! You guys rock

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I have, when I use the moving pictures plugin I get fan art but I get nothing when using my videos. I've done a full db scan etc. and can see the fanart in configuration.

Also, it doesn't list as a would expect. A film such a nightmare on elm street is listed under A not under N as I would expect. Likewise, any film I have that starts with THE is under T.
    Hi allan - just wanted to check if you enabled the strip prefixes option in Videos Config
    There are also some settings for Fanart Handling (and download) MovingPictures fanart is stored elsewhere and won't work out of the box with Videos.
    The first thing I do is check in the Video DB Editor - Fanart Tab to see what fanart is actually there.
    EDIT: :oops: just noticed you said you can see the fanart in Editor DUH!

Last edited:

corvy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2007
    Rykkinn, Akershus
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Thanks for this release. Updated last night and it works nicely. Just love the fact that everythings looks better in HD (especially on my 1080p projector), the skin is smoother, tuning is faster, ordering in recordings make more sense +++. This must be the best release ever from MP team! No hickups, no surprises just plain quality!

I think I have to donate again!

TiboTv

Portal Pro
    June 22, 2009
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    WOW! Just give a small test of ten minutes on a virtual test machine and it look amazing. The navigation into menus is really fast and fluid! Titan have a real professional look!
    I've got a job for Christmas holidays now! ;-) Installing this new release in production at home to go more inside this release and test deeply the configuration!
    I'm using MP for now 4 years and the release seems to be one of the major one! Very good job you did!

Long life to MP!!

wjw

Portal Pro
    July 13, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @mm1352000

"I think this is a deliberate change:
    http://mantis.team-mediaportal.com/view.php?id=3799"

Thanks for the clarification. Personally I don't like the new arrangement but obviously I'm in a minority so I'll have to learn to like it.

After working with the new release last night my wife and I both think the old Default Wide skin is easier on the eye. Is it possible to use the old version from 1.3 alpha instead of the new one? If so, how do I download and implement it?

allanp81

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2006
    I have, when I use the moving pictures plugin I get fan art but I get nothing when using my videos. I've done a full db scan etc. and can see the fanart in configuration.

Also, it doesn't list as a would expect. A film such a nightmare on elm street is listed under A not under N as I would expect. Likewise, any film I have that starts with THE is under T.
    Hi allan - just wanted to check if you enabled the strip prefixes option in Videos Config
    There are also some settings for Fanart Handling (and download) MovingPictures fanart is stored elsewhere and won't work out of the box with Videos.
    The first thing I do is check in the Video DB Editor - Fanart Tab to see what fanart is actually there.
    EDIT: :oops: just noticed you said you can see the fanart in Editor DUH!

I found that going into the fanart handler plugin and then I can manually add all of the scraped fan art in to the list under videos. For some reason it's not picking it up automatically though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom