[News] MediaPortal 1.3.0 FINAL Released! (1 Viewer)

Paul Shirley

Portal Pro
November 3, 2008
Update RC->Final on Win8
The good:
  • RC to Final update went fast, for the first time I can remember it came up with an intact EPG.
  • Nothing important to me broke. Yet ;)
The bad:
  • selected 'use existing skin' in the installer, fired up to find Titan instead. Same happened with Alpha->RC BTW
  • with a mouse I can select the major buttons in Titan but the sub-menus vanish as soon as I move the mouse!
  • can't reach the 'settings' button with just a mouse, took a while switching back to defaultWide because of that
Otherwise it was the quickest, easiest update so far. Finally no Win8 nag ;)

mhoogenbosch

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 21, 2008
    Utrecht, Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Uninstall ArgusTV
    Install MP 1.3.0 Update
    Install ArgusTV

Is to much when coming home at 12 o'clock in the evening even in a perfect world :p

Great that I've got a free day tomorrow :p
    nah, way to hard.

Install 1.3 update
    Install Argus (follow on screen instructions and the removal / reinstall will be performed automatically).

fpe123

Portal Member
    June 12, 2006
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I had make a new installation of Team_Mediaport 1,3. When I try to start the TV-Server up, A dialogboks come where I had to logon to the Database. Where I giv the Password and click on test button it found the database, then when I click on the Save button, the Dialog show Again.
    When hen browser the database it had create the database.

My system is the following:
    - Windows 8 Pro x64.
    - SQLServer 2012 x64.
    This work ok with RC1 udgaven else great work

Flemming

wjw

Portal Pro
    July 13, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

Installed final yesterday morning (upgrade from RC), absolutely smooth and no problems. Everything working perfectly for me - apart from one small lingering issue. When resuming from hibernate yesterday evening MP did not occupy the full screen, just the top left hand quarter. Happily now that we can use the remote to restart MP it's not the issue it once was (annoyed my wife no end!) but it would still be nice not to see at all.

Was this supposed to have been fixed in the Final release?

onelegend

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2010
    Bournemouth
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Sounds like the half screen issue - It should be in 1.4 pending people testing Scythes branch in the area51 section

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Try going to s3 standby instead! It supports USB wake up with my mce remote control.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom