[News] MediaPortal 1.3.0 FINAL Released! (1 Viewer)

wolluf

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 6, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    XviD avi files (some properties attached for one of them.) Hardware is dual core amd 3800+ processor, with 2GB RAM, nvidia geforce 210 graphics card with 512MB RAM. 2x500GB hard drives running windows 7 pro. About 6 years old. I built it as a media centre PC - as mentioned above originally running XP. Pretty sure its just the video format - and they definitely ran in 1.2.3 - several were episodes we'd already watched. We did have some issues with earlier MP (0.23) - had to watch some episodes in vlc - but none with 1.2.3.

Attachments

• xvid.jpg
      xvid.jpg
      39.3 KB

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    It was the LAV filters. Setting video to use ffdshow & it all works.

Hi,

In lav splitter setting and Lav video, i would say to validate all format, i use it like this here (some are not selected by default) :p
    If you find it's a bug, please open a thread with log :)
    Thanks.

Attachments

• LAVSPLITTER.PNG
      LAVSPLITTER.PNG
      27.9 KB
    • LAVVIDEO-1.PNG
      LAVVIDEO-1.PNG
      31.3 KB
    • LAVVIDEO-2.PNG
      LAVVIDEO-2.PNG
      24.7 KB

rocky500

Portal Member
    December 9, 2005
    I was redoing my Dad's setup of v1.1.3. Thought as well might try the latest. Uninstalled the 1.1.3 completely.
    I had a similar problem with the new 1.30 where it would come up with cant play XVid on some files. Default setup. Win7 32bit. Have Win7codecs v4.07 installed prior.
    For my Dad's setup, I actually prefered the previous skin (but change the background color from blue to something quite dark), so went to the latest of the older skin 1.2.3. I like how (in the Video section) it colors the played files and the fonts are larger, which can be see better from a distance on a 50" plasma.
    So uninstalled it all again completely and put back on 1.2.3. All working again with default codec settings.
    1.3 looked very impressive but it is the smaller fonts that did not suit our situation.

Last edited:

MLH01

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Gold Coast
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I upgraded from 1.2.3 to 1.3.0 FINAL yesterday after downloading the latest (compatible) ARGUS-TV plugin. No issues at all with both installations.

I am impressed with the new Titan skin - it is very slick, polished and professional looking and am very impressed with this version! Thanks to the MePo team for making a great media application even better! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom