MediaPortal 1.3, Daemon Tools Pro Advanced, and Windows 8 (1 Viewer)

bil1010105

Portal Member
April 24, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi,

I've just re-installed my HTPC with Windows 8 x64. MediaPortal 1.3 works fine (not using TV Server), with the exception of mounting disc images.

Can someone please tell me how to configure Daemon Tools Pro Advanced 5.2 to mount a drive? I've tried ide, scsi, dt (have one drive of each to test), set the drive number to the relevant one (starting from 0), but I don't know if I'm supposed to use DTHelp.exe or DTPro.exe. In either event, neither works. The Wiki unfortunately doesn't say... it just says "the daemon tools executable". Which one? There are eight or so on my system! :(

I know there are issues with Windows 8 DVD support, but that's a separate problem. Right now, I can't even get the image to mount. I can mount it fine through Windows, just not MePo.

Oh, and the reason I'm not using VirtualCloneDrive is because it blue screens on Windows 8 x64 (at least on my machine). So that's out until they release an update.

Please help!

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi and welcome bil,

Not using Win8 here, but according to the deamon tools forum:
    Latest DT Pro works on Win 8 rtm perfectly. Your just need install SPTD 1.83 first.
    http://forum.daemon-tools.cc/f19/daemon-tools-pro-windows-8-a-29603/#post136379

** EDIT **
    Might have misread your post. So mounting in Windows 8 is working fine, but not within MP?
    The team hasn't had long access to Windows 8 (and officially it isn't supported yet), so not sure if it's related, but we'll have to test all features before support can be given out.

Last edited:

bil1010105

Portal Member
    April 24, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi HomeY, yes I realise it's not officially supported yet. Do you believe it's a Windows 8 problem or a MePo / configuration one?

Like I said, I can use Daemon Tools Pro outside of MePo without issue.

What I would like to know is what to put in the "Drive Tool" edit box for configuration. The Wiki doesn't say, and having searched high & low on this forum I can't find an answer either. All the posts refer to Daemon Tools Lite which I'm not using (and the executables are different).

Thanks!

Last edited:

limpwhizkid

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2008
    on your IPC$
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    just use this...
    Knipsel.PNG

limpwhizkid

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2008
    on your IPC$
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    alpha.PNG

this is the correct shot on alpha version which works... not with pro ... but with lite edition ... (the other shot is 1.2.3 with virtual clone drive).. sorry, mixed up some topics on the same problem..
    it works for me on win8 .. win2008r2 and even windows 2012..

the only thing that might be different is that i have user account control set to "non excistent" :D
    dont know if that could be it, but worth a try ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom