1.32 MediaPortal 1.32 Pre-Release with new x64 version ready for testing (2 Viewers)

budinsky

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 12, 2009
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I changed the x86 installer filename to .bak at the end to prevent it from running.
    Now it installs the files I needed into the correct folder and weather is working.

Last edited:

budinsky

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 12, 2009
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Did a clean install on another computer and when I try to configure Moving Pictures, MP-TVSeries or Trakt I get this error.

MediaPortal must be installed to use this configuration launcher.
    A reference to the MediaPortal installation directory could not be found in the registry.

error.png

Workaround is to use Mediaportal Configuration instead of using the shortcut to directly open the plugins.

Last edited:

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    There seems to be a minor problem with the Weather plugin, on resume from sleep it does not get updated for several minutes (i.e. it still shows the weather at the time the HTPC was put to sleep, that in itself is not the problem but it looks like the pending update inhibits the HTPC going back to sleep, goes into away mode but the CPU is still running and stays in that state. The fix is to manually update the weather using the button on the plugin gui, then the PC will sleep. For normal viewing this is not an issue the weather will get updated sooner or later but for a quick wake up, for example setting up a recording it is something of a nuisance to have to check and update the weather manually.

Pablik

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 19, 2010
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    There seems to be a minor problem with the Weather plugin, on resume from sleep it does not get updated for several minutes (i.e. it still shows the weather at the time the HTPC was put to sleep, that in itself is not the problem but it looks like the pending update inhibits the HTPC going back to sleep, goes into away mode but the CPU is still running and stays in that state. The fix is to manually update the weather using the button on the plugin gui, then the PC will sleep. For normal viewing this is not an issue the weather will get updated sooner or later but for a quick wake up, for example setting up a recording it is something of a nuisance to have to check and update the weather manually.
    Hi,
    thanks for the report. Try this updated version. The plugin now correctly checks the last refresh after power resume event and executes weather update if needed.
    But I'm not sure why would plugin prevent from going to sleep state. If this version does not fix the problem, please post the logs in debug mode.

Attachments

• WorldWeatherLite.zip
      98.1 KB

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    thanks for the report. Try this updated version. The plugin now correctly checks the last refresh after power resume event and executes weather update if needed.
    On a resume from sleep check this morning the weather was indeed updated,:) unfortunately I accidentally (automatically) clicked the update button:oops: it went back to sleep ok but will check again later to confirm if it will sleep without the manual update.

budinsky

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 12, 2009
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi,
    But I'm not sure why would plugin prevent from going to sleep state. If this version does not fix the problem, please post the logs in debug mode.
    Is this for x86 or x64?

budinsky

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 12, 2009
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks!

I noticed that MP-TVSeries is missing the media info. Is that a x64 problem or was it an issue before as well?

Edit: Just checked and it was my theme. Switched to default and the media info is back.

Last edited:

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    With respect to the now fixed problem with the Weather plugin I had with putting the HTPC to sleep, I wonder if there is something similar going on with TV? This is not a new problem with this release but I believe it has been around for some time, it is very intermittent and I think only happens if I have been viewing videos, including Online Videoas and Recorded TV but never used TV from the home screen. At the end of the session it will not go fully to sleep (CPU remains on, also no reason shown in "powercfg"), The fix is always the same, click on TV from the home screen select live TV play for a couple of seconds. stop and return to the Home screen, then it will sleep properly, closing and restarting MP also fixes it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom