[News] MediaPortal 1.6.0 Pre-Release ready for download! (1 Viewer)

radical

Portal Pro
December 16, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
A big thanks to all the developer for their hard work.

Will there be a list/thread, where we can see/report which plugins are not compatible?

B

BassFan

Sorry jetzt muss ich aber mal schimpfen.
Warum ladet ihr so eine unvollständige Version überhaupt hoch?
Ich hab mir wirklich mühe gegeben was die Visualisierungsgeschichten angeht MP stabil zu halten (machen)
Nun stelle ich fest das die alten Versionen meiner Library immer noch verwendet werden.
Prompt kam die Antwort.
5 Sonique plugins im Vollbild gestartet MP hängt beenden über Taskmanager.
Ok! Wenn das so sein soll. :(
Es macht doch auf dauer keinen Spass mehr wenn man nichts von seinen Früchten sieht!
Es wird mir wohl nichts anderes übrigbleiben als das Release wieder zu löschen.

-----------------------------------------------

Sorry now I must rant but time.
Why upload it as an incomplete version at all?
I really got trouble given the visualization stories with regard to stable to maintain (make)
Now I notice that still use the old versions of my library.
Prompt came the reply.
5 Sonique plugins in full screen started MP hangs close via Task Manager.
OK! If that is so. :(
It's no fun but over time more if you can't see anything of his fruits!
It will remain probably nothing more me than to delete the release.

greets

Vasilich

Portal Pro
August 30, 2009
Germany, Mayence
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
@BassFan
You were not involved in the internal testing process. So if you can find /already found bugs - then report it ASAP (with steps to reproduce etc.)! if you already has a working solution - even better. it is prerelease version, so we surely will try to fix bugs that internal testing didn't reveal, and you can contribute to bug hunting/fixing to get bug-free release version, instead of yamming ;)

B

BassFan

instead of yamming
Ihr solltet schon Kritik vertragen können
Was gab es da noch zu testen was ich nicht schon getestet habe?
Vergleiche ich die Prelease mit meiner Lokalen Version dann liegen Welten dazwischen.
das hat nichts mit jammern zu tun.
Ich habe meine Meinung dazu kund getan das reicht mir
Ob es euch gefällt oder nicht.

-----------------------------------------------------

You should get along already criticism
What is there because to test what I have not yet tried?
I compare the prelease with my local version then intervene worlds.
This has nothing with whining to do.

I did give my opinion good enough for me
Whether you like it or not.

greets

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @BassFan
    We have our fixed release dates, and everything which is not ready will be scheduled for the next release. To be clear: Your fixes will be in the 1.6.0 Final version. :)

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Sorry now I must rant but time.

I had seen that you had put additional fixes in the GIT branch for 4299, after it had been merged (I think).

The problem is, if we had included those fixes in the 1.6.0 Pre Release, we would have had to test for longer, and while we were doing this we would have found another problem that needed a fix, so we would never get the release out.

No release will be bug-free. This is why we decided on a train model with deadlines for the releases. We have specific deadlines for merging fixes into the pre-release, and barring a major show-stopper, we stick to these deadlines.

Users who are viewing this thread