[News] MediaPortal 1.6.0 Pre-Release ready for download! (1 Viewer)

Pog

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wicklow
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Great job guys, getting hard to keep up with all the updates but that's a nice problem to have ;)

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    You can manually install MySQL 5.6 without a reinstall.

How do I know what type of database is being used? I followed the guide to the letter (although uninstalling MySQL 5.6 instead of the expected earlier version and I saw a warning of sorts that the database folder already existed?) and when I started to configure it using the shortcut with the added command line, the password was mediaportal, although I'd chosen something else when installing 5.6. I'm a bit confused, but I will have to see if it works before I try to clean the MySQL installation further before another re-install. Or if I can find out somehow if the database has been changed?

Thanks!
    Emph

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    How do I know what type of database is being used?
    What do you mean? InnoDB vs. MyISAM?

I followed the guide to the letter (although uninstalling MySQL 5.6 instead of the expected earlier version and I saw a warning of sorts that the database folder already existed?) and when I started to configure it using the shortcut with the added command line, the password was mediaportal, although I'd chosen something else when installing 5.6. I'm a bit confused, but I will have to see if it works before I try to clean the MySQL installation further before another re-install. Or if I can find out somehow if the database has been changed?
    If you were already running MP 1.5 with MySQL 5.6, were you doing it based on this thread?
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/update-mysql-5-1-to-latest-5-6-version.118263/

If so, the DB may already have been okay.
    In any case, safest way to use an existing installation of MySQL 5.6 is to create a new schema. You do this by changing the schema name in the database configuration popup from "MpTvDb" to anything else. MpTvDb2 would work fine. :)

matjam

Portal Member
    September 11, 2009
    Hi there.
    I can't see that it's been mentioned explicitly but will 1.6 be compatible with Windows XP? I was under the impression that 1.5 was the last XP version, but can't see anything mentioning this in the notes.

Thanks,
    Matt

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello Matt

The team no longer provides official support for Windows XP. As far as I know MP 1.6 should still work on XP (in the same way that MP 1.5 did), but don't expect bug fixes or mentions in release notes etc. Support could be broken at any time.

mm

matjam

Portal Member
    September 11, 2009
    Thanks for the quick response mm.
    I have Windows 8 to install - I just need to get my head in gear to get it done. Not easy when the pc's in use all the time! A victim of its own success!
    And if I miss recording Doctor Who tomorrow ...

Matt

GuiltyNL

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2013
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Good work guys!

However I'm receiving a compile error when Trying to use the Titan Editor? It says it was been compiled with a version that is not present on my PC.

I've installeed Framework 4 and the rest seems to work just fine.

midknight

Portal Member
    January 1, 2009
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    You can manually install MySQL 5.6 without a reinstall.
    Process would be:
    1. Upgrade to MP 1.6 PR.
    2. Use the import/export section of TV Server configuration to export all your channels etc.
    3. Stop the TV service and ensure TV Server configuration is closed.
    4. Uninstall MySQL.
    5. Install MySQL 5.6. Make sure to remember the root username and password that you use for step 9.
    6. Right click the TV Server configuration shortcut on your desktop and select "properties".
    7. Change the "target" from ...\SetupTv.exe" to ...SetupTv.exe" /configure-db ... (note that the quotation marks are important).
    8. Double click on the shortcut. You should now see the database connection popup that you would have seen when you first installed. All the fields should be set with your current database connection parameters.
    9. Configure username and password for the new MySQL 5.6 database. Using the root user is easiest. You can use a different user account if you want, but that requires extra configuration in MySQL which is beyond the scope of this post.
    10. Click "test" and then "save".
    11. Right click the TV Server configuration shortcut on your desktop and select "properties".
    12. Remove the configure-db section that you added.
    13. Open TV Server configuration.
    14. Go to the import/export section.
    15. Import the file exported in step 2.

Thanks a lot for the guide :)
    I'll try to look for some spare time and give it a try along the weekend!

atlantic

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 9, 2008
    Rennes
    Home Country
    France France
    As there are so many changes to the DB etc, can I go back by just installing 1.5 over 1.6pre again if I needed to?

For the plugins: Fanart Handler not working.
    I confirm: after a new install, Fanart Handler doesn't work. (No music fanart)

Users who are viewing this thread