Mediaportal 1.6 and 1.7 crashing (1 Viewer)

AndrePrins

Portal Member
February 21, 2012
Almere-Stad, Flevoland, Netherlands
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Ever since I use 1.6 my Mediaportal installation has become instable. I've tried everything and pinpointed it to MovingPictures. Tests I've done so far:

1) disabled MovingPictures: MP working fine
2) Totally reinstalled MovingPictures: after that, problem still there
3) Removed MovingPictures database: db recreated, problem still there
4) moved watched folder to an empty one, removed the database again, so MovingPictures shows no movies, problem still there
5) started MP in debug mode: no problem, so it's a plugin issue
6) upgrade to version 1.7, problem still there.

In attached error logfiles you can see it's complaining about invalid characters somewhere, but the movie folder is empty now and it's still complaining. I'm out of ideas....so I'm hoping one of you has and idea for me :)

Thanks and keep up the good work!

Ericjuh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 15, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    You mean this part?

Illegal characters in path.
    at System.IO.Path.CheckInvalidPathChars(String path, Boolean checkAdditional)

You have a strange character in your directorypath?

AndrePrins

Portal Member
    February 21, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yes that part. The path I'm using has never changed, so I've been using it for several years now. it's \\nas\dir\dir\dir, no special characters or spaces. I also have TVSeries installed and that is working fine as long as I have MovingPictures disabled. That's also why I'm sure it's in that plugin, but it's strange when it's also happening when the movie db is new and the movie folder is completely empty. Worse case I'll start over again.

Ericjuh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 15, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Worse case I'll start over again.

when googling for the error i find this.

System.IO.Path.CheckInvalidPathChars checks for the the following:
    double quote ("), left angle bracket (<), right angle bracket (>), veritical bar (|) and for control characters less than 32 decimal (space).

AndrePrins

Portal Member
    February 21, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Haven't been able to find the problem, so started over again. No issues so far with 1.7. Strange thing is, the TV series & MovingPictures folders are exactly the same and everything is there, so I'm still wondering where it found invalid characters. I guess I'll never know ;) I think this subject can be closed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom