Mediaportal 1 stopped working suddenly in Windows 10 (1 Viewer)

joerogers

June 26, 2016
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi,

I was running version 1.12 of Mediaportal 1 successfully for a month after upgrading to Wndows 10. While watching live TV I used the Windows Media Centre remote to mute the channel and left the room for 10 mins. When I returned the live channel would not un-mute so I shut MediaPortal down and restarted my PC. When Windows 10 started as normal Media Portal did not un on startup. When I tried to run the shortcut or the .exe nothing happened. I tried restarting Windows a number of times - no good. In desperationI upgrade MP to version 1.14 - same result. When I look in Event Viewer I can see a number of errors (3) everytime I try to run MediaPortal but I have no idea what they mean. I have attached the Media Portal logs and the Event Viewer logs. The Server seems to still be working...it is the client that seems to have failed.

Can anyone help me to get Media Portal back up and running? I am on a Windows 10 64-bit, AMD Athlon Dual Core 5050e with 4Gb of RAM.

Regards

Joe

Attachments

• MP Event Viewer.txt
    6.5 KB

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello Joe,

Your mediaportal.xml has been damaged and MP shuts off when it tries to read it on startup. Unless you have a backup somewhere, you need to replace it. I am not sure where to find an empty new one now, so I attach one of mine to help you out.

Replace the mediaportal.xml in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal with this version. Then call the MP Configuration and update all entries, particularly the TV server, movie and music paths, etc. to reflect your own system.

Attachments

• MediaPortal.xml
      64.8 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom