MediaPortal 2 - 10AE - Update 1 test builds (Updated 2014-07-09) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Since the release of our 10th anniversary edition we made big progress in development. So we feel that it's time to share some new test builds with you :)

The builds contain both new features and bugfixes, like:

2014-05-18:
    • Completely rewritten importer that brings a major performance increase for importing your media sources (thanks to @MJGraf!!!)
    • Extended the Media Source configuration with a manual input screen, which is especially intended to solve issues with browsing network shares
    • Added "Media Item Actions" (use the "Info" key on remote or "context menu" key on keyboard) to set item to "unwatched" (reset playcount to 0), Remove it from library and to finally Delete it from storage
    • Fixed TsVideoPlayer DVB-Subtitle handling (affects playback of .ts recordings and live-tv!)
    • Bugfixes in RefreshRateChanger plugin (error in calculation)
    • Updated externals (like MediaInfo)
    Download: http://tinyurl.com/mmqjck9

2014-07-09:

Download: http://tinyurl.com/nbprm9t
    Note: There could be new problems introduced by new features, please be aware of this and post any errors in our bugreport section.

Note2:
    To use TVE35 plugin with the 10AE Update 1 test builds taken following simple steps:
    • download the plugin from https://www.team-mediaportal.com/extensions/slimtv-nativetv
    • extract it using 7zip
    • copy only the MP2-Server\Plugins\SlimTv.Service into ProgramFiles(x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Plugins
    • copy only the MP2-Client\Plugins\SlimTv.NativeProvider into ProgramFiles(x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins
    • delete/move out the ProgramFiles(x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins\SlimTv.MPExtendedProvider

Last edited:

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    SlimTV with MPExtended is included.

New NativeTv snapshots will take a while until main issues are resolved. But progress is good and mm does a great job!

nothe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Reads the importer also nfo files?

mcroyjason

Portal Member
    July 4, 2013
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I downloaded this last night to test out again as the only thing keeping me from moving over to MP2 is the inability to manually correct when the internal scraper picks the wrong images for a show or movie. I have 2 that no matter what scraper or media program I use always pulls the wrong image but usually there is a way for me to manually correct it. Maybe that function is available somewhere and I can't find it?

My example is the TV show Castle on ABC. All scrapers always download the banner for another showed named Castle that is on a different network. How can I manually change this image with MP2?

I otherwise love the concept with MP2 being a different server and client based system and it uses very little resources on my computer.

Thanks

-Jason

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Reads the importer also nfo files?
    There was a plugin https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/nfo-metadata-extractor-plugin.110673/. But I'm not sure if it still works. We plan to support local stored metadata, implementation will start after Importer rework is complete.

How can I manually change this image with MP2?
    This is not yet implemented, but this feature will be added. You can already use MKV files and add tags with a "TheTvDB" ID. This way the correct series is detected from the contained metadata. See similar question here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/read-tags-inside-a-mkv.124802/

mcroyjason

Portal Member
    July 4, 2013
    Home Country
    HI Morpheus,

Thanks for the quick response!

I am looking forward to the implementation for the importer.

When you mention the ID tag for MKV files, do you mean putting it as part of the file name?

I notice there there is also some XML files in some of the folders where the metadata is stored. Is it possible to edit these files directly somehow? I would be willing to do that in the meantime as I only have 3 or 4 series that need changing.

Thanks,

Jason

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    There is a tool called MKV Tagger somewhere deep inside this forum. This was written by @chefkoch. With this you can add tags to MKV files manually or use an existing MP1 TVSeries DB to batch tag lots of MKV files with one click.
    And I've written a tool to remuxx whole folders of video files to MKV called "Video2MKV Convert", also available here in the forum.
    For movies I've done a tinyMediaManger export script for generating necessary xml files and also a tool to add them to the mkv files. This is called MoviePreparer, also available to download here...
    With this you can change your whole collection to mkv with propper tagging in a minimum amount of time...

With this I had my MP2 series library 100% error free since more than a year now...

mcroyjason

Portal Member
    July 4, 2013
    Home Country
    Thanks Lehmden,

Ok, I will check these tools out. All of my movies are already in mkv format, so that is handled. It is just my tv shows that are in .ts format.

Thanks!

Jason

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom