MediaPortal 2.3.1 live tv freezes when inserting a usb memory stick or when mounting an external drive (1 Viewer)

KostasPiraeus

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 20, 2016
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Hello, I wish to all to stay healthy.

MediaPortal 2.3.1 live tv freezes when inserting a usb memory stick or when mounting an external drive.
    After this has happened i can only click the back arrow and it shows the initial menu witch is not responding. For example if i try to change a channel nothing happens. If I position the cursor on top left of the window (where the play sign is rotating) it shows "Live TV paused 709%". If I try again to switch to another live TV channel a question mark appears on top left corner. When clicking on that I get a bigger question mark in the middle of the window with the message : " There is no player registered to play media item 'live3-0.ts.tsbuffer' ". If I click " there is an "ok" appear.
    Thank you all in advance for your help.

Attachments

• MP2 30032021 - 2.jpg
      MP2 30032021 - 2.jpg
      277 KB
    • MP2 30032021 - 3.jpg
      MP2 30032021 - 3.jpg
      111.1 KB
    • MP2 30032021 - 4.jpg
      MP2 30032021 - 4.jpg
      151.9 KB
    • MP2 30032021 - 5.jpg
      MP2 30032021 - 5.jpg
      144.8 KB
    • MP2 30032021 - 1.jpg
      MP2 30032021 - 1.jpg
      213.2 KB
    • MediaPortal2-Logs-2021-03-30-11.54.18.zip
      756.3 KB
    Last edited:

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Not sure if this helps but I am running 2.3.2 and I can plug in a usb stick while playing TV and it just continues playing, no impact at all.

KostasPiraeus

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 20, 2016
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Hello Joecrow, thank you very much for your reply.,
    First of all I apologize for my past week absence from the forum.
    I know my problem seems quite strange! Please note that, when using either the AverMedia (manufacturer of the TV receiver) software or KODI (with NPVR as front end) I don't have this problem!!!.
    I prefer MP2 as I can use the Win 7 MC skin with it and I find it more flexible as well.
    I hope that someone would suggest a solution so I can use MP2 again. . . .
    I wish to all of us to stay healthy, Thank you all very much.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    I can not find any related error in log files, but not even an event for USB device insertion. Did you write down the time, when you interted the stick?
    If not, could you reproduce the problem please and mention as close as possible the time to narrow down the related log infos.

thanks.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OK I have done some more testing on this and can confirm the problem!:)
    It is not the action of inserting the usb stick or mounting an external drive, it is what is on it. Inserting an empty or .iso stick is no problem but when I used my general storage stick which contains a mix of items including .jpg and mp4 then bang after about 20 secs live TV stops playing and MP seems to be trying to do something with the stick as it cannot be ejected (in use) until MP2 is closed. As far as I can tell only live TV is effected, recorded TV, videos and audio continue playing although MP has still locked the stick. It happens regardless of the autoplay setting in Win 10 both "no action" or Autoplay set to off make no difference.I tried refining the file type and set up a 2nd stick with only .jpg and mp4 files, but this gave no problem and it could be ejected while MP was still open.
    I see no valid reason why MP2 is trying to use a newly inserted usb stick or a mounted external drive, given that shares have to be set up manually so I believe the behaviour is undesirable and needs to be fixed. I have a hardware upgrade scheduled on the PC I use for testing so will have to pause any further troubleshooting till later or maybe even tomorrow but hope this helps.;)

KostasPiraeus

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 20, 2016
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Hi, thank you all for dealing with this issue.
    Ηello ge2301, the problem appears approximately 15 secs after inserting a a USB stick.

Thank you very much Joecrow for confirming the problem and for your detailed explanation as well!
    Today I noticed that the problem did not appear when I inserted a 16GB USB stick (Cruizer Blade), but it did appear when I inserted another Cruizer Blade stick with 64GB capacity. Both formatted with fat32 file system. . .
    I would like to note that I wonder for why this issue has not affected so far other users as well !!!
    I will keep trying to experiment with the problem, but my knowledge dos not allow me to go deep to find the reason and find a solution.
    I hope that someone will find the exact reason wich will enable him to propose a solution in near future.
    Thank you all very much again.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Today I noticed that the problem did not appear when I inserted a 16GB USB stick (Cruizer Blade), but it did appear when I inserted another Cruizer Blade stick with 64GB capacity. Both formatted with fat32 file system. .
    That is interesting, the stick I used to reproduce the problem was also a 64GB (Intenso ex fat) while the others I used which did not cause a problem were all 16GB or less. I can also confirm the mounting of an external drive also causes the problem, in my case a usb connected 2TB hard disk with mostly Aomei backups but some .jpg, it spent several minutes with its led flashing but when that stopped it was still locked to MP2.

KostasPiraeus

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 20, 2016
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Hello to all you,
    today after doing some more testing I could again confirm that the problem also appears when inserting an HDD (in my case a Western Digital 3GB PURTZ model) through a hot swap external SATA III tray. (I forgot to mention this case in my previous posts). The problem always appears 15 Secs aprox. after the connection of external media (no matter if the connected media is USB or SATA).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom