[News] - MediaPortal 2 Alpha 3 released

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by morpheus_xx, September 26, 2013.

1. morpheus_xx
    • Team MediaPortal

morpheus_xx Lead Dev MP2

Ratings:
    +6,814 / 11
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Finally here it is! The next MediaPortal 2 alpha release - dubbed Alpha 3 - is out the door.

Enjoy this brand new release and post your comments here :)

• Thank You! Thank You! x 11
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. aspik
    • Team MediaPortal

aspik Development Group

Ratings:
    +591 / 1
    Hi morpheus_xx,

this was the first time i installed MP2 on my main HTPC and i was impressed how good is it already!! Currently i'm importing my library, see how long it will take. My remote is the MS MCE, so i had the chance to test the usability. In full screen with PIP how do i switch (with remote) between the videos? I would also test the native TV plugin, but since on my machine also runs MP1 with TV Server, i can't do it, right?
    All in all: big thanks for working on MP2!!

• Like Like x 1
  4. morpheus_xx
    • Team MediaPortal

morpheus_xx Lead Dev MP2

Ratings:
    +6,814 / 11
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    If you have two players running (PiP), you can toggle them with "Yellow" key. For a more detailed list please refer to our wiki: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/2_MEDIAPORTAL_2/9_Reference/Keyboard_shortcuts

You can run NativeTV plugin on a PC with TvServer installed. But you should stop the TvServer service before trying the NativeTv plugin (i.e. you could have issues with locked TV cards). But in principle both engines exists together, as long only one runs concurrently.

5. aspik
    • Team MediaPortal

aspik Development Group

Ratings:
    +591 / 1
    The problem is that my remote is the one without the teletext keys... Ok I will test the nativeTV plugin.

6. Holzi
    • Team MediaPortal

Holzi Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,228 / 8
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    I installed MP2 some minutes ago with MP 1 TVServer and it works great so far.
    I only got the OptimFROG.dll error when starting music and PiP with two tv channels causing one channel to freeze and the other to stutter (small pictures) - could not reproduce this after a restart. I am using the SlimTVExtended plugin.

Is there also a keyboard key for this action available?

Great work I have to say from the short time of testing. :)

Last edited: September 27, 2013
  7. Arturas1976
    • Premium Supporter

Arturas1976 MP Donator

Ratings:
    +40 / 0
    Home Country:
    Lithuania Lithuania
    Show System Specs
    No luck to start TV Native server setup... :(

8. aspik
    • Team MediaPortal

aspik Development Group

Ratings:
    +591 / 1
    Both Premium Supporter and both acting like you were newbies. Sorry.

@Arturas1976
    If you would be more specific, I'm sure morpheus_xx could help you. What did you exactly do? Step by step. Do you get an error message? With such statement, that you could not start TV server, everybody can only guess whats the problem...

@UNOPARATOR
    You are just being harsh, if i understand your correctly. They are very few devs that are working on MP2 and with such posts you are their discouragement... I'm sure you could post your observation in a more nicer way!

@morpheus_xx
    I was able to get working the Native TV Server with my tv card. The Slim TV plugin works OK for me, but:
    -the PIP was not working for me with two channels (both channels were on the same transponder, for example: Pro7 and Sat.1). When i started the second channel both videos were frozen.

Browsing media files (TV Series, music etc.) comparing to MP1, is in my opinion slower. Could it be related to the DB plugin? I'm currently using the default SQLCEDatabase plugin, because the SQLiteDatabase is not yet compatible with the Slim TV plugin, right?

Keep up the great work on MP2!

• Like Like x 1
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Arturas1976
    • Premium Supporter

Arturas1976 MP Donator

Ratings:
    +40 / 0
    Home Country:
    Lithuania Lithuania
    Show System Specs
    Will do in the right thread. Here is just the feedback.

@Arturas1976
    If you would be more specific, I'm sure morpheus_xx could help you. What did you exactly do? Step by step. Do you get an error message? With such statement, that you could not start TV server, everybody can only guess whats the problem...

10. tv-maniac

tv-maniac Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Hi, could someone explian, how to setup tv in MP2? I installed MP2a3 and the full TV Plugin and now if i start setuptv.exe it says "TvService not found". Client and Server are both on my PC. Default is there localhost, but it always opens the same window when I press enter.

11. MJGraf
    • Premium Supporter

MJGraf Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +1,372 / 1
    Hi tv-maniac,
    sorry, but without logs, we cannot really help you...
    Did you install SlimTV Native? If so, did you copy it into the MP2 Server plugin directory? If so, do your logs show that the TVServer is running?
    Michael

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!