[News] MediaPortal 2 Alpha 4 released - Christmas is coming early this year :) (2 Viewers)

mhoogenbosch

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 21, 2008
    Utrecht, Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    This MP2 seems cool with client, server, NAS and all! :)
    But I guess that if I want to try it for real (server and several clients), I need to use the 'native' movie and series function (and not 'Moving Pictures' and 'My TVSeries').
    As I have 1,859 Movies and 221 TV Shows with 4,370 Episodes I cannot just import them all from a share as I will loose all info about what I have seen.
    So my question is, what is the best way to convert or export/import the databases from 'Moving Pictures' and 'My TVSeries' to the native movie and series function?
    (And can I still use IMDB+ with the native movie function? I guess not as I am pretty sure it is made for Moving Pictures.)
    Use Trakt.tv plugin, thats so great! I always had exactly your problem, but when you create an account at trakt and configure the plugin, the site keeps track of what you have seen. So your database will always be up to date. Ofcourse i don't know if there is a trakt.tv plugin for MePo2 yet, but surely it will get avaliable one day. No more troubles with migrating :)

Grudd

January 6, 2014
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi All,
    First post here :)
    I discovered Media Portal searching for a "Windows Media Center" replacement (you now must pay for it in Windows 8 / 8.1)
    So i gave MP2 a try on my fresh Windows 8.1 Pro install
    Unfortunately i got a black screen with a white square at startup... i looked at logs and saw that some dx9 .dll files were not found
    --> Installing DirectX 9 solved the issue.

DirectX 9 is not part of Windows 8 / Windows 8.1 by default.
    You may want to add a dependency in MP2 installer or advise user to install DX9 before.

Thanks a lot for your hard work

Cheers
    Grudd

mrj

Portal Pro
    January 27, 2012
    Hi Grudd
    please read the installation instructions
    first

Installation
    Before installing MediaPortal 2 make sure all requirements are installed.
    Then extract the downloaded .zip archive and simply run the .msi installer file. For screenshots or further details, refer to our Getting Started wiki.

and then

MediaPortal 2 specific requirements
    MediaPortal 2 is developed to run on modern operating systems and supports only Windows 7 in both 32 and 64 bit versions. Older operating systems are not officially supported.
    You need the most current DirectX 9 runtime installed, which you can download here: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en...ang=en&id=8109 (June 2010). This might be skipped on Windows 8.1, there should all DirectX libraries be available.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It was me ;) I didn't have any addition DX runtime listed in "Programs", so I though it is completely contained. (And btw, the sentence was written in subjunctive ;))

I'll remove this part from wiki.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom