MediaPortal 2 (I believe) using (Windows 10) Not able to Connect to TV (1 Viewer)

PC Saxon

October 24, 2015
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Hello

Using Media Portal 2, have the “TV-Server Configuration” and “MediaPortal Configuration” short-cuts and have used both to set up (maybe should only be using one of the short-cuts?

Current environment: Windows 10 (previously used W8.1, successfully with WMC), TV tuner that is showing up in the configuration dropdowns and sound system is working. Tried playing a DVD and that worked.

---------

Using “MediaPortal Configuration”, I have successfully found my local TV transmitter in the UK and have successfully seen my expected channels in the various drop downs and tried to select only the channels I wanted and this appears to work okay.

However, when I click on my MediaPortal 2 logo, I get the expected skin with the major functions.

When I click on the “TV” function a sub menu comes up with “TV” at the top and when I click on that nothing happens (and none of the other TV sub functions). When I go to settings in the skin, nothing is applicable there to help.

I have enabled the “TV” plug-in from “mediaPortal Configuration” but it does not show of with the other standard plug-ins provided.

I have searched and researched many, many times trying to use the many guides provided but the amount of what to do, make sure you’ve done all the prerequisites, over and over, uninstall, re-install, go through the settings again and again but no luck!!

Many thanks for any simple help and guides please.

Update v2

I can now see my TV channel when I "preview channel" in the configuration shortcut but not able to connect to TV when I click on the TV function in the skin - help please.

PC Saxon

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    After the TV Setup has been run and you scanned the channels, Ok out of SetupTV.
    Stop and restart the MP2 Server process in Process Control.
    Once it is started, try the client.
    If it still does not see the TV, Post the log files for both the server and client so as we can see what the issues might be

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I think you have installed MP1 as MP2 did not have any "MediaPortal Configuration" Program. MP2 is configured from inside the GUI, similar to WMC. Only the TV part (as it is nearly the same as in MP1) has an external configuration tool. So probably you need to look in another part of our Forum for help...

PC Saxon

October 24, 2015
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Thank you

Thank you

I had suspicions that I was on MP1 when no orange logos showing up (hence my title).

I uninstalled the old and went for clear MP 2 this time!!! and boom! it was there and how fantastic it is too.

Thank you so much again

PC Saxon
    Yank in West of England!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom