Mediaportal 2 problems (1 Viewer)

ToothFaerie

Portal Member
May 31, 2014
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi all, I am having a few problems with MP2. MP1 has been working fine for over a year but decided to fail to work over the last few days, every time I started it up it would just crash to desktop. So I thought after trying to install it a few times to give up and move to MP2, I had removed MP1 with Revo-Uninstall and Ccleaner after but could not get it to fire up at all no matter what I did.

I had exported all channels and setting from MP1 before hand. First off tried a vanilla install and could not get a single channel to work. So messed about and finally had channels working but the EPG was blank. So followed what I had learned with MP1 but there was no 'Freesat Info' channel in the radio so thought maybe that is the problem with EPG. Tried and tried, even put in all the frequencies but nothing would find the Freesat Info channel.

Then I thought it might be worth using the settings from MP1, so imported the TV and Radio channels and low and behold there was Freesat. Went to the manual control to find everything idle. Tried refresh DVB EPG, nothing happened, just idle. So then looked about on the net to find nothing of help. So then just worked my way through one option after another to see if I could force a fix. So ticked/unticked options one at a time - grab when in timeshift, when Idle, etc etc etc

Still no EPG. Then tried adding channels to the DVB EPG, this worked to some extent but if I picked the wrong one EPG failed (not knowing which would conflict with another, I was really just stabbing away in the dark). So at the moment I am adding one TV EPG channel at a time and it is becoming a bore really really quickly.

Now I can live with having to do this, even though it is a pain in the backside. But what I cannot live with is the NOISE! That blup noise is just the most annoying sound possible. Is there anyway to stop the menu sounds? I have removed them at the moment as I could not find an option to shut them up.

So the main problem is not being able to get EPG to work as before in MP1, and the second tiny issue is how to turn the annoying sound effects off, without deleting the wave files.

Thanks all.

Edit:- Logs uploaded.

Last edited:

ToothFaerie

Portal Member
May 31, 2014
Home Country
Update.

No, adding channels to the DVB EPG does not work either as every time I restart MP2 the EPG is empty. ARGHHHHHhhh!

Also by adding channels to the DVH EPG TV Grabber causes MP2 to not be able to play any TV channels at all. This is getting very very annoying.

Last edited:

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    This is most likely doing be someone that has more knowlege than me with your setup but...
    @mm1352000
    Setup TV log is full of
    [2015-11-23 21:33:00,630] [112981 ] [46 ] [ERROR] -
    System.ArgumentException: '0' is not a valid value for 'Interval'. 'Interval' must be greater than 0.
    at System.Timers.Timer.set_Interval(Double value)
    at TvLibrary.TimeShiftingEPGGrabber.LoadSettings()
    at TvLibrary.TimeShiftingEPGGrabber.StartGrab()
    at TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDvbBase.GrabEpg()
    at TvService.TimeShifterBase.StartTimeShiftingEPGgrabber(IUser user)
    at TvService.TimeShifter.GetTvResultFromTimeshiftingSubchannel(IUser& user, ITvCardContext context)
    at TvService.TimeShifter.Start(IUser& user, String& fileName)

As for the sound...
    Setting / Appearance / Enable Skin Sounds.... Turn it off.

EPG, there is a log happening in this area. Best solution is to make sure all the channels you are using are Mapped properly so as the EPG grabber can find it correcly...
    I am in the U.S. and am very sure there are others with more experience with EPG and your location.

ToothFaerie

Portal Member
    May 31, 2014
    Home Country
    Hi Breese, how I missed that I do not know 'Enable skin sounds' as I have been on that options page a few times and not seen it at all, thank you. EPG is still being very strange.

ToothFaerie

Portal Member
    May 31, 2014
    Home Country
    Anyone with an idea of how to get EPG to work, or should I go straight to the WEBEPG and forget about the OTA version?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    HI.
    I don't believe that the interval that EPG grabbing will be restarted is something that depends on the Database. Looks to me like a configuration mistake.
    The only error I can find in logs is the "'0' is not a valid value for 'Interval'" exception. This I would guess is related to the "Timeout" or "Refresh every..." setting on "EPG grabbing when idle" (don't know, only a guess)... Never tried to set this to "0" but maybe this is the reason for this issue...
    Zwischenablage-1.jpg

Aside this error the logs are looking pretty normal to me. The EPG grabbing did start normally but it is interrupted half a second later as the next run of EPG grabbing is fired up... This way there never will be any data available...

I don't use the DVB-EPG myself (using XMLTV plugin) and not living in the UK I can't help much further. But...
    had channels working but the EPG was blank
    This also can be a matter of patience. It may take a while (an hour or more) before you can see the data on first run. Later as you have "old" data available you did not notice this any further. So it's nothing serious, only annoying on very first run....

ToothFaerie

Portal Member
    May 31, 2014
    Home Country
    Hi Lehmden, that was me trying anything to get the card to start grabbing EPG, I found out really quickly that putting timeshift/idle to zero was a very bad idea as it caused all channels to stop working, so went back to default two - ten minutes respectively. The main problem is having to select channels in the EPG grabber, if I pick one or two then it works fine, but I have very few programs showing up, if I select all of them then the channels stop working. So it is a case of trying one channel at a time to get all the EPG! A very time consuming experience and full of problems if, and when, two channels EPG clash and cause instability, which I am sure they will be sooner than later.

edit: Another strange thing is that if I watch a channel then the EPG does not work at all, not one channel grabs data.

Last edited:

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Another strange thing is that if I watch a channel then the EPG does not work at all, not one channel grabs data
    Do you have more than one tuner? The tuner that is used for watching TV can not be used to grab EPG excerpt for channels on the same transponder... And as far as I know, only a few UK channels are delivering EPG data (all German channels are delivering EPG data, but very poor ones, so I decided to use XMLTV instead). For this it is not uncommon, that no EPG data grabbing is possible while you are watching TV...

If I were you I first would hunt the internet for a list of UK channels that are delivering DVB-EPG data via Freesat at all and then I would try to grab data only from those few channels and I would wait at least some hours before I expect the data to be grabbed finally..

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    that putting timeshift/idle to zero was a very bad idea
    By the way, I think this is a glitch or even bug in TV engine code. Such "nonsense" values needs to be filtered out and should be replaced by default values or, even better, prevent the user from entering such values.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom