[Blog] MediaPortal 2 progress report (5 Viewers)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    All these questions have allready been answered by albert. I suggest reading his blogentries, posts and the mp2wiki. ;)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Any updates on progress of MP2? Just curious :)
    I can tell you that a lot of discussions are currently going on, and more team members are in the process of geting on the MP2 train.
    Yet the details about the progress should better be explained by albert and his developers. :)

Baboonanza

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 5, 2010
    North London
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I can tell you what I've worked on recently: All Image controls now supports pixel shader transitions (per-pixels blends, dissolves etc.) and pixel shader effects, both of which can be used at the same time.

In practical terms this means skinners can have nicer transitions between images such as fan-art, and also that shaders can be applied to the video and picture players. I have cribbed some of these from MPC-HC and currently we have denoise, sharpen and sharpen complex. The user can access these from the context menu while a video is playing :)

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    This sounds great guys. Hope to hear some MP2 news on the progress of the TV part as well. I use MP1 as single system beside the TV. Anyone in the house can use it. And that would be the point where can switch to MP2.

Good to hear that more and more developers are getting on the MP2 train. If i look at mantis i see still a lot of bugs, but many times repairing actions on previous fixes. If i remember what iloop said before the MP2 code is easier to maintain so the energy spent on fixing old fixes as in MP1 can then be put into new and better functionality.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    iloop, hope the discussion is not about cutting the TV feature out of MP.
    lol - quite the oposit is the case. :D
    It should nolonger be a seperate application/installer like it is now, but integrated into MP2 "directly".
    Yet you will still be able to run it like an stand alone Server Backend.

Simpler, and more poweful than MP1 at the same time. :)

BlackBurn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm just curious about some "design goals" of MP2 and maybe I overlooked it.

For example I was wondering if the client/server architecture which can be used in MP1 for TV functionality, is forwarded to other functionalities, like a central Video, Music database and perhaps also for plugins like MyTVSeries, Moving Pictures, etc.

I know there are some tricks now to make this (kind of) possible with MP1, but if it is by design it would be nice :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom