MediaPortal 2 Spring'16 Release Candidate 2 (2016-04-01) (1 Viewer)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This is Release Candiate 2 build of the upcoming "Spring'16 Release".

Main changes compared to Summer'15 Update 1 Release are (grey points where available in previous development snapshots already):
    • New design for MP2 logo and icons!
    • Skin engine:
      • Added feature to prevent focus stealing during startup phase
      • Updated freetype library to fix occasional crashes
      • Switched texture loading back to GDI (with fallback to FreeImage) to improve decoding performance
      • Added new feature to specify Texture alignment in images sources
      • Extended IScreenControl to allow temporary disabling "TopMost" behavior of MP2 main form (used for OnlineVideos)
      • Try to fix NullReferenceException in font handling in seldom cases
      • Fixed logging of shader load errors
    • Fanart-Service
      • Made FanartService more flexible for extensions (used for Emulators plugin, thanks @Brownard)
    • Video player
      • Updated TsReader for smooth playback of Live TV and recordings
      • Added feature to select subtitles from Player Configuration Dialog (thanks @Realkane)
      • Fixed subtitle selection issue if no forced subs are included (thanks @Realkane)
    • Media Library:
      • Fixed loosing position/focused item during navigation
      • Added new shortcuts to video fullscreen: "Yellow" to toggle subs, "Blue" to toggle audio streams
      • Hide "playlists" action from non-media screens
      • Extended SeriesMetadataExtractor to support user defined regular expressions and pre- and post-match text replacements (to clean up filenames)
      • Fixed possible NRE in MKV tag handling
      • New filter for audio "Album Artist" (thanks to external patch by xMarkos)
      • Major improvements to audio and image playback: now we use automatical created playlist to play all items from current view
      • Major improvements to Image Player: player starts in "still" mode, allows skipping forward/backward through images. "Play" starts the known slide show.
      • Extended support for IMDB-id detection of non-xml .nfo files
      • Extended online lookup support at TheMovieDb by using tmdb ids
      • Fixed potential crash for imports of UNC locations when checking for IsVirtualSource (thanks @disaster123 for reporting)
      • Improved memory caching logic to avoid "out of memory" for large imports (thanks @MJGraf)
    • Added "Sleep Timer" to system state menu
    • New plugin:
      • Trakt plugin is back, ported to new API (thanks @aspik)
      • Added UPnP renderer plugin (thanks @FreakyJ)
    • Installer:
      • Fixed detection of x86 VC redistributables on x64 systems.
      • Removed license link from initial dialog
    • Remote support:
      • MCE: Fixed duplicated "next" / "previous" key handling
      • MCE: Reduced logging to log unmapped keys only once
      • Improved compatibility with some remotes by handling "Windows" keys properly
    • Updates and fixes for SlimTV / TVE 3:

• Added option to hide "All Channels" group
      • Fixed occasional synchronisation issue of channels when switching groups
      • Fixed page up/down, home/end navigation inside EPG view
      • Updated core to MP1.14 version
        • fixed tuning details filenames due to wrong zip encoding
      • Internal changes to use ILocalFsResourceAccessor for files, while rtsp streams still use INetworkResourceAccessor
      • Extended recordings screen to show more details (channel, recording times), (thanks @disaster123, @ge2301!)
      • Changes to UPnP system (removed IP affiinity in some calls to improve device detection, sending UPnP "update configuration" after resume from standby to improve reconnection) (thanks @disaster123)
      • Fixed user priorities (solves conflicts with EPG grabber and tuning requests)
      • Improved schedules management: added scheduled programs list / series view
      • Fixed recording/canceling of programs of series schedules
      • Reworked group / channel / zap handling to use correct group and channel indexes
      • Added new feature to show episode information in TV guide and recording planning
      • Updated core to MP1.12 version
      • Disabled redundant TV Thumbnail creation (done by MP2)
      • Fixed endless loop in recording management if folder is missing
      • Fixed storing/reading of some settings due to case-sensitive DB storage. This works only for new created databases or requires manual changes in SQLite DB (see here).
    • Refresh Rate Changer:
      • Extended configuration options to allow custom refresh rate mappings (i.e. 25 fps -> 50 Hz, or 23 fps -> 24 Hz)
    • BlueVision skin:
      • Implemented animated page transitions and seamless navigation between home pages
      • Fixed help label overlapping
      • Fixed flickering of "currently playing" group button and changed the icon
      • More fine tuning in all themes
      • Using new ImageSourceWrapper for smooth transitions of fanart images (thanks @Brownard !)
      • Moved player controls into new "currently playing" screen (right button in top group menu), so they don't overlap footer contents
      • Added help texts for menu items to make features clearer to new users
      • New "Windows 10" theme
      • New "Titanium Extended" theme
    • New window mode, toggle between them by "ALT-Enter":
      • "Windowed always on top" (also known as MiniTV mode in MP1)
      • Windowed (normal)
      • Fullscreen
    • Windows modes keep aspect ratio of Skin and position/size will be restored after restart
    • Fixed wrong MP2 window size after sleep/resume cycle due to resolution changes (see here)
    • Fixed Resource Server that could return wrong url in some cases (fixes loading of fanart / channel logos)
    • Changed streaming parameters for remote resource bridge (trying to fix interruption of media playback in multiseat)
    • Support for external subtitles by xy-VSfilter (auto loading version, thanks @henso)
    • OnlineVideos 2 plugin is now contained in the installer!

• Added support for placing BrowserPlayer above the MP2 GUI
      • Added BrowserPlayer support for MP2, sites like Amazon Prime and Netflix should be working fine
    If you experience errors, please post logfiles here. A link to Log Collector can be found on your Desktop and Start Menu!

Download link: http://tinyurl.com/h8nbnkn

@ Testers , @ Developers , @ Designers

Please post feedback!

Last edited:

hofi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 19, 2009
    Ardagger Markt
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Online Videos ist bei mir tot, nach dem Update, Plugin ist vorhanden![DOUBLEPOST=1459523601][/DOUBLEPOST]Hat sich erledigt, nach nochmaligen Setup repair, ist es wieder in Ordnung!

Last edited:

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Fresh install....
    Server and Client logs look good.

Do not have the online Videos issue @hofi has but...
    If you start an update (that you can only do the first time going into it) and then Click somewhere else on the screen, the Update stops running.... And as I said, I cannot find anywhere to restart an update.

Also if you bring up the Menu for online client there are only 2 options and clicking on Search just closes the window
    On-Line_Videos.jpg

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Home Country
    I discovered a Screen Manager Error on my Client Only system sylvester after a fresh install
    (Error Below)
    I also discovered what appears to be an update issue when reviewing TV Sceduled Programs.
    If you have multiple of the same program and highlight each one,
    The Info about the Show gets updated but the Time and Date Stamp info / scheduling info to the right of the Show Info and Above the Channel Icon does not change.

I am including 4 pics showing what does and does not change when reviewing these schedules.
    Manage_Series_Schedules_04.jpg Manage_Series_Schedules_02.jpg Manage_Series_Schedules_03.jpg Manage_Series_Schedules_01.jpg

Error mentioned above starts here
    [2016-04-01 14:23:17,774] [573860 ] [AMQ 'ScreenManager'] [DEBUG] - ScreenManager: Showing screen 'home'
    [2016-04-01 14:23:17,814] [573900 ] [DX Render] [DEBUG] - ContentManager: 9 resources deallocated, next cleanup in 10 seconds. 63.2841796875/100 MB
    [2016-04-01 14:23:17,814] [573900 ] [AMQ 'ScreenManager'] [ERROR] - Error adding glyph, index: 76
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.ContentManagement.AssetCore.FontAssetCore.WriteGlyphToTexture(FT_BitmapGlyph glyph, Int32 pwidth, Int32 pheight, Byte[] bitmapBuffer)
    at MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.ContentManagement.AssetCore.FontAssetCore.AddGlyphInternal(UInt32 glyphIndex)
    at MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.ContentManagement.AssetCore.FontAssetCore.AddGlyph(UInt32 glyphIndex)
    [2016-04-01 14:23:17,819] [573905 ] [AMQ 'ScreenManager'] [ERROR] - Error adding glyph, index: 73
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.ContentManagement.AssetCore.FontAssetCore.WriteGlyphToTexture(FT_BitmapGlyph glyph, Int32 pwidth, Int32 pheight, Byte[] bitmapBuffer)
    at MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.ContentManagement.AssetCore.FontAssetCore.AddGlyphInternal(UInt32 glyphIndex)
    at MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.ContentManagement.AssetCore.FontAssetCore.AddGlyph(UInt32 glyphIndex)
    [2016-04-01 14:23:17,819] [573905 ] [AMQ 'ScreenManager'] [ERROR] - Error adding glyph, index: 72
    [2016-04-01 14:23:17,819] [573905 ] [AMQ 'ScreenManager'] [ERROR] - Error adding glyph, index: 89
    [2016-04-01 14:23:17,824] [573910 ] [AMQ 'ScreenManager'] [ERROR] - Error adding glyph, index: 80
    [2016-04-01 14:23:17,824] [573910 ] [AMQ 'ScreenManager'] [ERROR] - Error adding glyph, index: 87

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Home Country
    When I first start a TV Show, I get a blue screen yet if I ESC to see the menu, it shows there is a program running.
    First Start TV.jpg

If I Press the Quit MP2 and then restart the client, it forgets I was in a TV section
    First Start TV 02.jpg

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Got the same issue that Hofi had. After Upgrade to RC2 no OnlineVideos plugin showing up in GUI.
    Rerpair seems to cure it.
    Install- Logs attached.

Attachments

• MP2-Setup.7z
      788.8 KB

mpirklbauer

Portal Pro
    May 7, 2011
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    It seems like no plugin is working.
    I
    OnlineVideo is gone also webradio is not visible.

Is there a possibility to define the zoom mode on a useable key kombination, like shift+ z or so?
    I don´t have a zoom button on my remote

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    There seem to be situations where the upgrade of former snapshots will fail (like your case). Best is either to do a "Repair" from control panel/programs or a uninstall/reinstall (both ways keep your data)

mrj

Portal Pro
    January 27, 2012
    Hi
    I don´t have a zoom button on my remote
    When watching full screen live TV I press the Info key on the remote four times (yes 4) and get a dialog with the option to change zoom mode.
    You can also choose "Configure player" on most screens when TV is active.
    hth mrj

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom