[News] MediaPortal 2 - Spring'16 Release (1 Viewer)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    We are excited to bring you the newest, latest and greatest from our MP2 Development Team....

MediaPortal 2 Spring of '16 Release.

Enjoy the new release and post your feedback here!

volumia

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2011
    whereever my feet take me...
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Regarding the shared network storage (ie. NAS), would it be an option for a future release to set credentials per device?
    That way there wil be no confusion regarding local accounts vs. remote accounts and access.

Just a thought ;-)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    This is planed already and will be included in one of the next releases... But I can not give any timeframe for this.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I created meanwhile also a manual explaining how to customize GroupMenu and MenuTiles in BlueVision skin and belonging themes.
    I added a chapter "Menu Editor", which shows step by step how to do it. An overview list contains all Guid-ID's, so basically everything can be done without further information needed.
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/manual.134080/#post-1180776

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Congradulations guys with this release.

I gave MP2 a spin. I like the feel, but I have not got the basics right yet.

I have MP1 on my main HTPC, MP1 TVserver running on that as well.
    Is it possible to let MP2 connect to HTPC using client only install?

I think I need a little push in the right direction to get further.
    Is there a thread or wiki explaining this? I looked here and there but didnt find it within 10 minutes yet.. Maybe I looked in the wrong places :)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is it possible to let MP2 connect to HTPC using client only install?
    Yes it is possible, but with some limitations. If you want the full flavor of MP2 you need to make a "full" install incl. TV Engine...

First you need to install MPExtended on your HTPC (if not already installed). Then you need to exchange the "SlimTV" Plugin with the old one designed for MPE. But this SlimTV plugin did not (can not) have all features the "native" one has. So you can not really see how TV in MP2 works.
    Aside this you need one MP2 server nevertheless, as, opposite to MP1 it is not only for TV (TV is just a small part) but for all kinds of Media. You can connect as many MP2 clients to a single MP2 Server as you like/need, no matter if it is on the same PC or not. But without any MP2 Server at all, you do not have support for Movies, Series,... You only can playback media like in VLC or WMC. Not what a HTPC Software is meant for...

sdf

Portal Pro
    September 29, 2006
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hello to all developers and MP users.
    I'm a really really old Mp user, and sorry if I will make (for the first time) a little rant.
    Don't take me wrong. I will always thank all the developers for the worderful job done with MP, but ... really can't understand what is happening, and where MP is going.
    Many things have changed from the old times when Mp begun.
    Now there's MadVR, there are Smart Tvs, but it seems to me that MP doesn't follow the new tendencies (where all other software is going).
    Tried to follow MP2 development (especially because we now are free from MySQL database), hoping for something more compact and speedy, but still this latest version is mostly unusable (client side, 'cause tvserver is the same 1.14).
    Tv doesn't accept number inputs, navigating between channel groups is impossible (it stalls for 40 secs), navigating between directories is sluggish and painfully slow.
    I'm saying this because I've installed all the MP2 releases and tried them.
    I know, this very far from a final release, but really we are far from something usable.
    Noticed that there are branches with MadVR support, but tvserver has to be renewed (I know the worderful job that mm1352000 is doing alone with new tvserver, and I'm waiting for his new version), and is a real pity that Mp can't send his playlist with tv channels to my samsung smart tv, like many other softwares do.
    I know that everything I'm saying is in the works, but it's the first time that I've uninstalled MP from my machine, and for me this is a real disappointment.
    IMHO, these are things that should take the priority in MP development today, tvserver has to be more compact and open to the different clients (I think is very important to have UPnp/Dlna server working), without relying on MpExtended and other pieces of software.
    I repeat, I'm saying this only trying to open a constructive dialog and helping to improve MP.
    Bye,
    sdf

Users who are viewing this thread