MediaPortal 2 SR'15 Update 1 snapshot (2015-07-28) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This is a TEST build for our upcoming "Update 1" of the Summer'15 Release.

Main changes compared to Summer'15 Release are:
    • Reworked installer, it uses a bootstrapper to install dependencies
    • Fixes for SlimTV / TVE 3:
      • IPTV was broken
      • Updated core to MP1.12 version
      • Radio groups are visible in SlimTV client
      • New: allow parallel use of TVE3/3.5: ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\SlimTvCore\v3.0 or v3.5 folders will be used for different data (due to differences in tuning details!). But still only one version can be run concurrently, of course!
      • New: allow "auto tune last channel" when entering TV
    • Fix for NetworkConnectionTracker (improved detection of virtual NICs)
    • Update for "OneTrueError" service plugin to avoid huge amount of TVE3 exceptions to be reported
    • OnlineVideos 2 plugin is not contained, please backup and restore it after install
    If you experience errors, please post logfiles here. Uses this nice and useful tool for this purpose: https://www.team-mediaportal.com/extensions/mp2-plugins/mediaportal-2-log-collector.

Download link: http://tinyurl.com/pjaj26g

@Testers , @Developers , @Designers

Please post feedback about installation result and also TV related fixes!

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Installed it over my running system. all went well as far as I can judge after a very quick test.(y)
    Install- logs attached, if you need them.

Tomorrow I will try it on a virgin Win10 system.

Attachments

• MediaPortal-2__morpheusxx__EXP_TVE3__2015-07-28--21-50.7z
      835.4 KB

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Tried the new installer on a fresh Win10. The installation takes a while as it needs to download a lot but was running well. Right now I'm doing a channel scan. This will take a while... The Client also was starting nicely. Finally no need to manually look for dependencies. Well done... (y) Install- Logs attached.

Only thing is, I can't test Playback as I don't have any sound on Win10. This is NOT related to MP2 at all. The HDMI Audio device refuses to recognise the attached AVR and/or Monitor.:mad: Both are working flawlessly on Win7 and also Win8.1. I Need to wait until Microsoft and/or Intel are fixing the Win10 Drivers... MP2 without any sound is not too much fun. My Hardware, AsRock H97M Pro4 with Intel i5 4590 (Haswell from 2014) seems not to be Win10 compatible atm... This really is a disgrace for both, Microsoft and Intel...
    I'm really happy when I finally can go back to my Win7 system...;)

A Screenshot:
    MP2-Win10.jpg

jehe

Portal Pro
    February 15, 2011
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi,
    Here are my logs, not yet looked at them, not much time for the moment

riggnix

Portal Pro
    September 8, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi.
    Only thing is, I can't test Playback as I don't have any sound on Win10. This is NOT related to MP2 at all. The HDMI Audio device refuses to recognise the attached AVR and/or Monitor.:mad:

There has been a known bug in Windows for quite some time now, I don't know if they fixed it in Win 10. Maybe it affects you:
    Try turning on the AVR and then reboot windows (I don't know if fast reboot suffices, so maybe shutdown and power on again).
    Windows sometimes has trouble detecting HDMI audio if the device wasn't present at boot time. Happens with my AVR on Win 8.1 for one of my computers as well.

BlueMax1916

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • January 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Only thing is, I can't test Playback as I don't have any sound on Win10. This is NOT related to MP2 at all. The HDMI Audio device refuses to recognise the attached AVR and/or Monitor.:mad:

There has been a known bug in Windows for quite some time now, I don't know if they fixed it in Win 10. Maybe it affects you:
    Try turning on the AVR and then reboot windows (I don't know if fast reboot suffices, so maybe shutdown and power on again).
    Windows sometimes has trouble detecting HDMI audio if the device wasn't present at boot time. Happens with my AVR on Win 8.1 for one of my computers as well.

Mostly a problem of the weak HDMI design standard. Not necessarily a Windows problem. The order of devices to be started is sometimes the problem and that is the fault of the bad HDMI protocol. For example disabling CEC may help a lot.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    It definitely was an Win10 issue. Someone kindly sends me a fixed driver for manual installation. With this Driver the HDMI Sound is working like on Win 7 and 8.1...
    So I can do more tests on Win10 later...

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    First setup on " Lan" shared folder.
    Log setup don't work.

upload_2015-7-29_18-55-16.png

But the setup continu to be executed.

but the icon is always Grey when Service is running
    upload_2015-7-29_18-59-18.png

Setup from local folder :

none error on setup, and i can have the setup log file.
    and this time the setup detect than i don't have the NetFx451Web

i have also this package missing, but not installed during the setup
    [0E5C:1190][2015-07-29T19:05:22]i101: Detected package: VC2008SP1_x86, state: Absent, cached: Complete
    [0E5C:1190][2015-07-29T19:05:22]i101: Detected package: VC2010_x86, state: Absent, cached: None
    [0E5C:1190][2015-07-29T19:05:22]i101: Detected package: VC2013_x86, state: Absent, cached: None
    [0E5C:1190][2015-07-29T19:05:22]i101: Detected package: directx9, state: Absent, cached: None

PS : can we have an selection of plugins we want install ?
    For me, i don't want TVE stuff.

Attachments

• Log from LAN .zip
      12.1 KB
    • Log from local.zip
      496.4 KB

mpproblem

Portal Member
    July 28, 2015
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    very good.....but ......................no configurator icon / service for customisation etc

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom