MediaPortal 2 SR'15 Update 1 snapshot (2015-07-28) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Maybe you should look at "Media Sources"...;)

You can't mess up things by simply looking at the menu items... Try them and you will get more familiar with the usage of MP2 very soon...

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Media Source
    Media sources.jpg

Media sources configuration
    Media sources configuration.jpg

Add media source
    Add media source.jpg

Choose resource provider
    Choose media source.jpg

Sources (I picked the source on my remote server - this is all being done from a Client Only system)
    Sources on server.jpg

MJGraf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2006
    Hint: "Shares" are now called "MediaSources" (because there was a lot of confusion ón "Windows Shares" vs. "MP2 Shares").
    [EDIT: Those guys are much faster than me ;) ]

velis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2009
    Radovljica
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    I'm trying to make this work on Win10 clean. So far, install of MP2 went through fine, I installed LAV filters.
    Then I went to TV config and tried to scan channels - I'm using IPTV. As "usual" (as in MP1.xx), I have set all scanning timeouts to 1. Scanning immediately reports no signal for all channels in the playlist.
    Playlist entries are formatted same as in MP1.xx:

#EXTINF:0, SLO 1
    C:|interface=TV|url=udp://@239.10.1.9:5000|SidValue=10|PidValue=50​

Then I remembered that tvservice usually needs its own firewall entry, so I added it. No success.
    Then I see that tvservice isn't even registered in windows services (MP2 server is though). Also, it isn't running, even though TV setup said it was restarting it when I increased number of IPTV tuners.

Attaching also server log which shows that server couldn't start dshow graph when tuning.

Must be some clean install issue or something since @Lehmden has no issues with this.

Attachments

• Server1.zip
      50.1 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Then I see that tvservice isn't even registered in windows services (MP2 server is though). Also, it isn't running, even though TV setup said it was restarting it when I increased number of IPTV tuners.
    There is no TV service with MP2. The TV function is built into the MP2 Server, so you will only find the MP2 Server service.

Attaching also server log which shows that server couldn't start dshow graph when tuning.
    Same problem as here:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/signal-locked-no-channels-found-ceton-eth.131395/

Please try the suggestions here:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ls-found-ceton-eth.131395/page-2#post-1145471

velis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2009
    Radovljica
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia

I replied to that thread. As soon as I added log subdirectory, scanning got slower :) Still unsuccessfull though.

I also noticed something about the install, which seems more relevant for this thread:
    When I started the client, it reported that server is attached, but not connected. I had to detach it (and reattach) to be able to connect (no option for "connect only" was available).

Last edited:

mpproblem

Portal Member
    July 28, 2015
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have tried Settings - selected Media Sources Configuration - Created added folder called Music
    able to edit this, and FANTASTIC, able play my view recordings
    But now tried Pictures
    when I selected a small follder with single jpg -- it worked
    when I selected a large folder with 1018 jpg -- "this view could not be built" message and
    audio selection nolonger shown, in fact it is was back to reinstall !

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Attach all the logs from the first working import on...
    I do a lot of importer testing and have never seen this one in recent memory.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    when I selected a large folder with 1018 jpg -- "this view could not be built" message and
    audio selection nolonger shown,
    During massive imports the Server sometimes did not answer fast enough especially on not too strong hardware. Please be patient, the view is back pretty soon without any further action.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom