[News] MediaPortal 2 - Summer '15 Release (1 Viewer)

Zumsel

March 2, 2015
Home Country
Germany Germany
This can work using MPExtended and the MPExtended provider for MP2-Client.

See http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/2_MEDIAPORTAL_2/9_Reference/TV_support for more details.
I don't understand this point, why do you still need MPExtended?
In the news section you said:
The cutting edge technologies of MediaPortal 2 now makes use of the matured and stable TV Engine 3 of MediaPortal 1. This makes MP2 a complete solution for daily use, no longer depending on additional TV components installed!

osre

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Zumsel I think MPExtended is when you want to use a MP1 Server, wich also includes TVE3.
    To connect to an MP2 Server with TVE3 you use SlimTV.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I don't understand this point, why do you still need MPExtended?
    Not too hard to understand. If you use MP2 you don't need MPE. All that is needed to have a working LiveTV is included in MP2 installer. So nothing special to think about, nothing extra software to install. You even don't need an SQL Server installed like it is necessary for MP1. So all is easy then.

Similar is, if you only use MP1. Then you also need nothing extra to get all working.

The only "complicated" scenario is, if you want to use MP1 and MP2 together at the same time, both with working LiveTV from the same tuner hardware.
    Sadly it is not possible to use MP2-Server (that is delivering LiveTV for MP2) as TV Server for MP1 due to some restrictions (missing features and/or bad software design) in MP1. For mixed usage you need something the other way round. Luckily there is an option that MP2 can use the MP1 TV Server for Live TV. Then and only then you need MPExtended. to connect MP2 with the MP1 TV Server.

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks guys for this promising release. I encouter an error when trying to use MPExtended plugins with this new release.
    2015-07-25 11_07_30-.png

Here is my log.

thanks.

mrmojo666

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2006
    Turin
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    This can work using MPExtended and the MPExtended provider for MP2-Client.

See http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/2_MEDIAPORTAL_2/9_Reference/TV_support for more details.

thank you , so still needing this plugin.

after a clean install of mp2 and slimtv-mpextended (https://www.team-mediaportal.com/index.php?option=com_mtree&task=att_download&link_id=286&cf_id=63)

mp2 is not working i get this error:

MediaPortal.Utilities.Exceptions.EnvironmentException: Error loading style resource 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins\SlimTv.Client\Skin\default\themes\default\styles\SlimTvStyles.xaml' ---> MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.Xaml.Exceptions.XamlLoadException: XAML loader: Error parsing file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins\SlimTv.Client\Skin\default\themes\default\styles\SlimTvStyles.xaml' ---> System.TypeLoadException: Method 'OnKeyPressed' on type 'MediaPortal.Plugins.SlimTv.Client.Controls.EpgGrid' from assembly 'SlimTv.Client, Version=2.0.0.1409, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' is overriding a method that is not visible from that assembly.
    at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.GetType(RuntimeAssembly assembly, String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, ObjectHandleOnStack type)
    at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.GetType(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase)
    at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetType(String name)
    at MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.Xaml.DefaultNamespaceHandler.GetElementType(String typeName, Boolean includeAbstractTypes)
    at MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.Xaml.AbstractNamespaceHandler.GetElementType(String typeName)
    at MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.Xaml.ParserHelper.ParseType(IParserContext context, String typeName)
    at MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.Xaml.XamlNamespace.TypeExtension.MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.Xaml.Interfaces.IEvaluableMarkupExtension.Initialize(IParserContext context)
    at MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.Xaml.Parser.HandleMemberAssignment(IDataDescriptor dd, Object value)
    at MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.Xaml.Parser.HandleMemberOrEventAssignment(XmlNode memberDeclarationNode)
    at MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.Xaml.Parser.Instantiate(XmlElement currentElement, Object& key)
    at MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.Xaml.Parser.ParseValue(XmlNode node)
    at MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.Xaml.Parser.Instantiate(XmlElement currentElement, Object& key)
    at MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.Xaml.Parser.Parse()
    at MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.SkinManagement.XamlLoader.Load(TextReader reader, ISkinResourceBundle actualResourceBundle, IModelLoader loader)
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.SkinManagement.XamlLoader.Load(String skinFilePath, ISkinResourceBundle actualResourceBundle, IModelLoader loader)
    at MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.SkinManagement.SkinResources.LoadStyleResource(String resourceKey, Boolean searchInheritedResources)
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.SkinManagement.SkinResources.LoadStyleResource(String resourceKey, Boolean searchInheritedResources)
    at MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.SkinManagement.SkinResources.LoadAllStyleResources()
    at MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.SkinManagement.SkinResources.LoadAllStyleResources()
    at MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.SkinManagement.SkinManager.InstallSkinResources(SkinResources skinResources)
    at MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.ScreenManagement.ScreenManager.PrepareSkinAndTheme(String skinName, String themeName)

what can i do ?

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    So far so good with this updated plugin morpheus_xx. I've try with the SE'15 update 1 and it's working good.

The only thing I encounter is MPextended adresse needs to be an IP. With the network name of the server, it never connected.

Tell me if you want to see my logs.

Thanks !

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom