[News] MediaPortal 2 - Summer '15 Update 1 Release (1 Viewer)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MediaPortal 2 - Summer '15 Update 1 Release

After the release of the Summer'15 version we unfortunately noticed problems which needed to be addressed quickly. We improved our installation routines, have fixed the TV related and other issues and as result we now provide the "Summer'15 Update 1 Release". This release is mainly a bug fix release, but there are also interesting new features to discover! The Update 1 is generally recommended to install for MediaPortal 2 users.

Last edited by a moderator:

dfraga

Portal Member
    June 8, 2015
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    When running the new snapshot, does it work like an upgrade of the existing installation? Or do I need to do a complete uninstall and then install the new snapshot? If so, do I have to go back through all the setup etc. or is there some way to back up settings? Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I didn't see an answer in the upgrade notes or in the wiki.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    You can use the new build as an Upgrade for your existing MP2 installation. Simply run the installer and all your settings are preserved automatically.
    Best is to stop the MP2 Server, Status Monitor, MP2-Client and Client-Lanucher before you run the update. So it's easier for the installer to do everything right.

Adrian Sprint

October 26, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I installed MP2-1, configured the server, found all the channels etc. The monitor says the server and client are linked. When I start the client it quickly passes the first page and bypasses settings et al. The only options I get are to close the program or restart/shut down the pc. I'm running a Toshiba F60 Qosmio. Anyone got any ideas or work arounds?
    When I play previously recorded TV from WMC I can't advance through the film. I see other people aren't having the problems I am and wonder why?

Marvin Miller

Portal Member
    March 1, 2014
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I can't install it - it says it requires DirectX 9.0c. I'm using Windows 7 x64 and it did download and install 9.0c. It still reported the error. So I manually downloaded and installed 9.0c. I then tried to re-install MP - same error.

Any ideas?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Try the latest version in development snapshot section in forum. Spring Release '16 RC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom