Mediaportal 2 Weather - Can't add Weather locations (1 Viewer)

Timothy Cobb

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2012
    Bellevue, Nebraska
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    There appears to be only one or two threads about this and they seem to suggest there was some solution that wasn't shared or no responses. I just migrated to MP2 from MP1 an managed to get everything to work except the weather portion. When it asks for a location, I enter my city, state and it then brings up a blank window that just says "Add City" with nothing else in the window. All in all it results in still having no city and as such no weather information when entering the weather area. This MP2.1.3 is installed parallel to the old MP1 installation, though the TV Server service is disabled at the moment for the old mediaportal. Some of the stuff i read suggested there was a time when an API was discontinued which broke it but other posts since then seem to suggest that the issue was then resolved. Can anyone help me with this please?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    There appears to be only one or two threads about this and they seem to suggest there was some solution that wasn't shared or no responses. I just migrated to MP2 from MP1 an managed to get everything to work except the weather portion. When it asks for a location, I enter my city, state and it then brings up a blank window that just says "Add City" with nothing else in the window. All in all it results in still having no city and as such no weather information when entering the weather area. This MP2.1.3 is installed parallel to the old MP1 installation, though the TV Server service is disabled at the moment for the old mediaportal. Some of the stuff i read suggested there was a time when an API was discontinued which broke it but other posts since then seem to suggest that the issue was then resolved. Can anyone help me with this please?
    It is fixed and will be part of next release.

Timothy Cobb

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2012
    Bellevue, Nebraska
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Any chance anyone has a config file i can use for now? It looks like its been a few months now since the last release. I would only need one that has a city working in it so i can change it to the city i work in.

BlueMax1916

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • January 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

the basic problem is that the weather provider selected for the 2.1.3 release does not accept any queries anymore. Therefore this needs a fundamental solution which is planned to be rolled out with the 2.2 release.

Cheers

Blue Max

Edit: Corrected a typo.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom