MediaPortal 2 Weekly snapshot (2015-10-03) (1 Viewer)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This is a development build based upon the the "Summer'15 Release Update 1".

Main changes compared to Summer'15 Update 1 Release are:

• Updates and fixes for SlimTV / TVE 3:
      • Added new feature to show episode information in TV guide and recording planning
      • Updated core to MP1.12 version
      • Disabled redundant TV Thumbnail creation (done by MP2)
      • Fixed endless loop in recording management if folder is missing
      • Fixed storing/reading of some settings due to case-sensitive DB storage. This works only for new created databases or requires manual changes in SQLite DB (see here).
    • New window mode, toggle between them by "ALT-Enter":
      • "Windowed always on top" (also known as MiniTV mode in MP1)
      • Windowed (normal)
      • Fullscreen
    • Windows modes keep aspect ratio of Skin and position/size will be restored after restart
    • Fixed wrong MP2 window size after sleep/resume cycle due to resolution changes (see here)
    • Fixed Resource Server that could return wrong url in some cases (fixes loading of fanart / channel logos)
    • Changed streaming parameters for remote resource bridge (trying to fix interruption of media playback in multiseat)
    • Support for external subtitles by xy-VSfilter (auto loading version, thanks @henso)
    • OnlineVideos 2 plugin is not contained, please backup and restore it after install
    If you experience errors, please post logfiles here. A link to Log Collector can be found on your Desktop and Start Menu!

Download link: http://tinyurl.com/okj8zqm

@Testers , @Developers , @Designers

Please post feedback about installation result and also TV related fixes!

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

Just installed the new snapshot. A few remarks:
    • Installation
      • The batch file is not working here: the window opens and closes immediately
      • The setup file works. However, the whole process appears quite heavy.
        • There are several dialogues that appear unrelated to ech other. I have to click 4-5 times on OK and/or Install before the installation is really starting.
        • To terminating the setup you will have to confirm the closing twice
    • TV
      • Toggling between the three states works.
      • Notwithstanding it is not possible to distinguish between standard windows mode and "MiniTV" as the look is the same. I would prefer to have a real third status where TV is displayed with a different header line, if any.
    • Series/Movies
      • Although several new episodes and movies were added, the database is not getting updated anymore after the very first run that took place when I installed S15U1.
      • Is this supposed to happen automatically or does it need to be manually triggered?
    • GUI
      • Guys, I am having serious issues to get warm with the different skins.
      • On my current MP1 setup I am using TITANIUS, which everybody in the family has become very much used to
        • The closest thing on MP2 would be Titanium, which, however - and please excuse my English - is absolutely horrible.
        • Skins like BlueVision have a slightly different philosophy. I am still running MP2 in a test environment only, but still dont know how to do several things, e.g. getting back to Fullscreen TV when the little picture is displayed on the bottom.
        • Right now I decided for the Win10 Theme of BlueVision, yet a couple of things appear strange, such as the Mini-EPG, which is rather a Maxi-EPG as it displays 13 channels and takes up almost the complete screen. I guess this is more a skin issue.
    My test environment still runs as single-seat and I have not tested a true multi-client / server environment yet. Some recent postings in the forum indicate that there are some issues. This and my personal GUI usability problems are holding me off from using MP2 productively.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    • Is this supposed to happen automatically or does it need to be manually triggered?
    Depends on your settings. There is an option to trigger an automatic refresh once a day with configurable time. Aside this you can trigger a refresh any time in the config. Some sort of "file system watcher" for automatic refresh is planed, but not done now.

is absolutely horrible.
    This is a matter of taste. Imho all Titian Derivates (incl. "your "Titanius) are "horrible". On MP1 I never used Titan as there always are alternatives that matches my taste better a lot. On MP2 I've used it until BlueVision was usable. Only because there was no other "complete" skin. Reflection I definitely would prefer, but it is missing most anvanced features, so I got used to BlueVision really fast...

In my opinion a Skin should not be the eye catcher, the content should... That's why I still think, cul8ers Backdrop skin is the most beautiful skin that ever exists and some day, as nobody else will do, I will port it to MP2 (but can't tell you when this will be)...

Timhoh1234

Portal Pro
    September 29, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The closest thing on MP2 would be Titanium, which, however - and please excuse my English - is absolutely horrible.
    I strongly recomend to exchange the rainbow background with a reasonable background as default. I always think I'm in a candy shop seeing it :LOL:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Right now I decided for the Win10 Theme of BlueVision, yet a couple of things appear strange, such as the Mini-EPG, which is rather a Maxi-EPG as it displays 13 channels and takes up almost the complete screen. I guess this is more a skin issue.
    I'll overwork the TV-part for BV and Win10 theme soon. Currenty I have no TV card in my working PC, which makes it almost impossible to skin those screens.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Settings - Media Sources
    OK, it reads the files - but is not really updating stored database content from tvdb.com as the series/episode description continues to be in English, despite German being in the meantime available.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Files already stored in the ML are not refreshed atm. This will be changing with the MIA rework, as most other missing features in the library.
    If you want this now you need to re-import the files. This means, you need to modify them or move them to another place... Not that nice but most metadata is final once you've downloaded them, so it's not a too big issue. Right now the MediaLibrary did not notice if there are changes on online sources. Most likely the names of the episodes are changed too, when the data is translated, so renaming the videos (with a renaming tool) to the new name will update the data on next refresh of the share.
    If you are using .nfo files and/or matroska tags you need to renew those nevertheless and with this the media will be re-imported with new metadata on next run of the importer. If you keep the old nfo and/or tags the files are not refreshed as nfo and tags have higher priority than downloaded online data.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    it is not possible to distinguish between standard windows mode and "MiniTV" as the look is the same.
    Well thanks to Windows 8 and above, the window style for tool window and normal window don't look too much different anymore. If you would compare this with Windows 7, there were real differences in visible style.

A way to distinguish both windowed modes are the missing "minimize" and "maximize" button and the fact that the window remains always on top ;)

"Always on top mode" (tool window)
    upload_2015-10-3_22-59-37.png

Normal windowed mode
    upload_2015-10-3_22-59-44.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom