MediaPortal 2 Weekly snapshot (2016-01-16) (1 Viewer)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The support for folder.jpg was already included for a quite long time now, but was only possible for getting a thumbnail for a single audio item. It was not supported for the containing folder itself, this is what I added few days before.

We have different fanart providers: one for "local fanart" (which also supports folder.jpg for thumbs), the other one which works here is the "mediaitem" provider, which handles the stored ThumbnailLargeAspect in the MediaLibrary.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I can imagine what's happened here... You have a thumbs.db in your music folder. Thumbs.db is supported in MP2 to deliver thumbnails for media items to save time during import. In this thumbs.db there most likely your audio files got the "folder.jpg" as thumbs stored instead of the embedded cover. Try to move or delete the thumbs.db, and remove this folder from your media share (or remove the whole media source from MP2) and trigger a refresh. After this you can re-add this folder to the media share and trigger a refresh again. Now the thumbs for your audio files should be generated from the embedded covers instead of the thumbs.db...

badboyxx

Portal Pro
    June 15, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes you are right Lehmden. I deleted all the thumbs.db files in the music folder and the covers in the 80s folder were displayed correct now. I recognized that some folders were displayed still with folder image. A look into that folder has shown that after the import of the music folder the file thumbs.db was created automatically again
    What I could do is to turn off the automatically thumb creation in windows. So nobody had the same problem? What would be the best solution?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It's a windows setting for folder options. I only can provide a screenshot in German as I don't have English Windows version and I also don't know how this is named in English, but I think you got a clue:
    Zwischenablage-2.jpg

You need to activate this checkmark (default it's deactivated) labeled something like "always show symbols instead of thumbnails"... Then no new thumbs.db will be created. The old ones will still be there as long as you don't delete them by hand...

badboyxx

Portal Pro
    June 15, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So I had time to test it and changed my settings like in your post. The folder 80s works now with the correct covers but I still have some folder where only the folder.jpg is shown. In these folder there exists no thumb.db. It is a little bit weird. I saw that in the folder C:\Users\htpc\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer there are some different thumb files. Could it be that it affects this behaviour?

thumbfolder.jpg

I tried to delete these files but it doesn't work, I get always an error.

I also attached my logs, maybe it helps.

Last edited:

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Those files can't be deleted as they are in use (by explorer) But you can empty them on Drive CleanUp (Datenträgerbereinigung):
    Zwischenablage-1.jpg

badboyxx

Portal Pro
    June 15, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    What does my eyes see as I wanted to listen music? It seems that now all covers are displayed with the embedded cover. I unticked the folder option yesterday and changed an option in the system policy. Still no thumb.db is created and all covers are displayed how it should be. I think a system reboot was needed.

How can I import my music playlist? I get always an error that the tracks couldn't be found. My playlist lies in a network share but I can only locate to a local share. So I moved the playlist to a local share. The next problem is that I should select the folder where the tracks are stored but I can choose only my network share and not the specific folder. Am I doing something wrong?

How can I list my music collection by Artist - Tracktitle how it is also stored on my NAS? There is no such option like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom